House Price Crash Forum
danlee74

Over 55S Debt Crisis

What beats me is the sense of bewilderment shown by the "victims".

I am 51. If I take out a 25 year mortgage it will be paid off when I am 76. It's not rocket science.

What beats me is the sense of bewilderment shown by the "victims".

I am 51. If I take out a 25 year mortgage it will be paid off when I am 76. It's not rocket science.

I presume you have a repayment mortgage rather than a I/O? :ph34r:

If you retire and receive pension credits you can claim SMI until your death. It will also pay the interest for any home improvements paid for by MEW.

If you retire and receive pension credits you can claim SMI until your death. It will also pay the interest for any home improvements paid for by MEW.

that is one of the stupidest laws ever, overtly rewardiung those that did not save for a pension with a much higher standard of living

We all know about the excesses of the baby boomers, it's interesting to read some of the comments on there.

No. What you know about are the excesses of some baby boomers ie those who along with the gen X muppets who bought into Thatchers dream based upon creating wealth with no regard to the sustainability of the means of creating that wealth. These are the people who thought that what happened in the UK post 1979 was the new reality and are the ones who still believe that everything will be ok 'when the recovery comes'. If you look around you will find many boomers who despised what Thatcher/Major/Blair/Brown and Murdoch have done to Britain, who new what the outcome would be and have got the hell out. I and many others like me didn't want the crap of the last 30 year but if they were going to shove it down our throats, we were damn sure that we would use it as a means to get a one way ticket out of the new reality.