House Price Crash Forum
eric pebble

Tchenquiz Arrests Put An End To The Party...

Tchenquiz arrests put an end to the party.

"To the regulars at Mipim, the property world's annual jamboree, they are instantly recognisable as belonging to the Tchenguiz brothers – the billionaire duo who have similarly dazzled and dominated the event for years.

Tonight the yachts were set to host the famous Tchenguiz party: a champagne-fuelled, celebrity extravaganza that usually lasts all night. But instead they will lie empty, their owners detained in the UK following the dramatic dawn arrests by City of London Police and the Serious Fraud Office."

Let's see how this one unravels.... I always thought it was all too "good" to be true... :rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/constructionandproperty/8371794/Tchenquiz-arrests-put-an-end-to-the-party.html

Edited by eric pebble

"To the regulars at Mipim, the property world's annual jamboree, they are instantly recognisable as belonging to the Tchenguiz brothers – the billionaire duo who have similarly dazzled and dominated the event for years.

Tonight the yachts were set to host the famous Tchenguiz party: a champagne-fuelled, celebrity extravaganza that usually lasts all night. But instead they will lie empty, their owners detained in the UK following the dramatic dawn arrests by City of London Police and the Serious Fraud Office."

Let's see how this one unravels.... I always thought it was all too "good" to be true... :rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph...-the-party.html

the bank's board meeting minutes (via wikileaks) on their large risk customers are pretty entertaining.

It stated their exposure to RT as 1.25bn at 98.6%LTV.:o

Remember they started of in student BTL...

Edited by koala_bear

Crikey....

It looks even worse than I thought...... WTF was going on??!??! :unsure:

The link between Robert Tchenguiz and Kaupthing

"Over 20 police investigations. Allegations of market abuse, fraud and excessive loans. Financial claims against the bank running to five times Iceland's GDP. It's fair to say Kaupthing has had a tough few years.

....//....

A 2,300 page report into the Icelandic crisis put together by the country's MPs devoted entire sections to Tchenguiz, with his name appearing more than 100 times.

The MPs alleged that Tchenguiz benefited from "particular goodwill" among Kaupthing's management. "It is hard to see that lending, to the extent that Tchenguiz's companies received it during times of liquidity crisis, was decided with the bank's best interests in mind," it said. "Rules about large risk exposures were not followed."

The report also claimed that Kaupthing secretly owned almost half of its own shares."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/8371595/The-link-between-Robert-Tchenguiz-and-Kaupthing.html

the bank's board meeting minutes (via wikileaks) on their large risk customers are pretty entertaining.

It stated their exposure to RT as 1.25bn at 98.6%LTV.:o

Remember they started of in student BTL...

Their sister is rather tasty - interesting story on her divorce, full of ironies:

Lisa Tchenguiz, 43, signed a pre-nuptial agreement with Mr Imerman when the couple married six years ago, but because his fortune has increased substantially since then she is no longer prepared to settle for what was allegedly agreed.

A source close to 53-year-old Mr Imerman said: “The ridiculous thing about this case is that Vivian signed a pre-nup at the request of the Tchenguiz family, because at the time of the marriage he was nowhere near as wealthy as Lisa’s family.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/7047419/Multimillionaire-faces-Britains-biggest-divorce-payout.html

http://www.telegraph...-the-party.html

Oh eric, you and your rumours. Whatever are you trying to imply?

(My red).

Their sister is rather tasty - interesting story on her divorce, full of ironies:

Lisa Tchenguiz, 43, signed a pre-nuptial agreement with Mr Imerman when the couple married six years ago, but because his fortune has increased substantially since then she is no longer prepared to settle for what was allegedly agreed.

A source close to 53-year-old Mr Imerman said: “The ridiculous thing about this case is that Vivian signed a pre-nup at the request of the Tchenguiz family, because at the time of the marriage he was nowhere near as wealthy as Lisa’s family.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/7047419/Multimillionaire-faces-Britains-biggest-divorce-payout.html

This makes my blood boil. I hope the government does something about this because this type of situration is destroying society. Say you've worked your ass off to become a millionaire and you meet someone who you love to bits but she's poor, you'd be a mug to even let her move in with you, women have so much power in that situation!

With the police facing all these cuts will be interesting to see if they pull out all the stops and whether the CPS decide to throw the book at them.

Likewise will others like Lawyers also work extra hard to see justice pervail if this goes to court?

Watch as the clever lawyers are paid millions to get all these people off........

It is the way.... :rolleyes:

This makes my blood boil. I hope the government does something about this because this type of situration is destroying society. Say you've worked your ass off to become a millionaire and you meet someone who you love to bits but she's poor, you'd be a mug to even let her move in with you, women have so much power in that situation!

It can get worse. A guy I know married a very wealthy Swiss heiress. He was a poor academic and signed a prenup which protected her assets.

When they divorced, she took him for half of his assets (a modest family house), whilst he didn't get a sniff of her 10s of millions.

bet the police have a copy of the files ..and the rabbit is boiled .......That Roller was expensive in more ways than one

You mean tasty as in 'tasty geezer' I take it? I can't say I find the social X-ray look remotely appealing myself...

The pics of her are a bit variable - she's mid 40s now, so time is taking its toll.

Top names in biggest ever fraud probe: Stars of High Street, City and property world face investigation

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1GFBinjqj

Top names, stars of the City, etc etc...

I wonder who they all are?

A number of other leading figures in British commerce are also under investigation.

Yes, but who are they? Why don't they say?

Comments for this article are disabled for legal reasons.

How strange.

It goes against the grain for me to take any notice of anything the Mail says, but in this case it fits in with other snippets and strange occurrences that have hit the news in the last few days.

Yes, and it is as interesting for what it does not say as for what it does.

I notice there is one particular word that is conspicuous by its absence...

Yes, and it is as interesting for what it does not say as for what it does.

I notice there is one particular word that is conspicuous by its absence...

Ah well if you mention that word theres another one that follows after it, along the lines of "bipedal motion very quickly" to their place of work.

We are now witnessing the start of the biggest crackdown on fraudsters in recent UK history so why not start with those who seek the limelight. They can run but not hide.
I think that we'll only see action taken against fraudsters who've lost their fortunes and ended up in debt. Those who have managed to keep their millions won't have to face the music.

Investigators have been examining the relationship Sports Direct founder Mike Ashley had with Iceland's banks

ashley.PNG

No doubt Plod, what with all their overtime being cut, will miss the other screamingly obvious "relationship" suggested by this picture....

I wonder if this could get very interesting, very quickly? :ph34r:

B

post-13228-0-39547500-1299853775_thumb.png

ashley.PNG

No doubt Plod, what with all their overtime being cut, will miss the other screamingly obvious "relationship" suggested by this picture....

I wonder if this could get very interesting, very quickly? :ph34r:

B

I can see Plod setting up their own BTL scam... Clubbing together and using persuasive powers to curry favour with certain villains... [etc.]. This, I am afraid, is quite possible - especially with the Met... :rolleyes: