House Price Crash Forum

Children Of The Nanny State

HOLA441

"We, the people" were originally forced off the land at gunpoint spearpoint so that we could become an effective labour force for the powers that be, but we were always slackers - happy to grow our own food and work maybe 100 days a year before that.

And rightly so, the point of life is to be happy, not to massively over produce so that someone else can take two thirds of it and waste it on guff.

+1 but edited for pedanticness ;)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Not paying them sure, giving people the opportunity to provide for themselves or at least not actively stopping them. I agree.

Trampolines and land reform, or something.

Nice slogan. :)

But until then you want to use TV to condition behaviours? Admittedly behaviours you believe to be beneficial? But who determines what proper parenting is?

The facts.

TV is optional, as far as I know. No one has to watch it.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Jolly good

I misunderstood your "get to them" comment.

Well they are sat there watching TV all day. No one forces them to, they just do it in the absence of owt else. So may as well send them something useful.

Right now the state controls TV ofc, and that's why all issues are resolved by shouting, argument and conflict in the media.

HOLA445

Why do you act differently from him?

Initially I thought being a smart, hard worker was in my interest. Now I'm completely disillusioned, and work because I have no other choice. Perhaps I'll be able to become self-sufficient (in a physical sense producing my own energy etc, not £££) some day.

As for the point about alcoholism being the man's fault - wasn't that the reason he was eligible for benefit in the first place?

HOLA446

Initially I thought being a smart, hard worker was in my interest. Now I'm completely disillusioned, and work because I have no other choice. Perhaps I'll be able to become self-sufficient (in a physical sense producing my own energy etc, not £££) some day.

What are you disillusioned about? Having to work? What's wrong with that? And I'm also rather glad I live in a society that doesn't require too many people working on growing enough food, so that the rest of us can get on with other things. There are massive problems with it, but you're not looking at the right ones.

HOLA447

My take on the theory of evolution equates to how well a species can adapt, survive and subsequently reproduce in ever changing and challenging environments.

Are we really sure that quote “the wrong type of people” are having children?! As been suggested on this forum many times; If the ‘Chavs’ are able to reproduce more children in an environment where the working/middle classes can’t afford too, maybe it’s the ones who can’t afford to have children who deserve to die out? :unsure:

HOLA448

My take on the theory of evolution equates to how well a species can adapt, survive and subsequently reproduce in ever changing and challenging environments.

Are we really sure that quote “the wrong type of people” are having children?! As been suggested on this forum many times; If the ‘Chavs’ are able to reproduce more children in an environment where the working/middle classes can’t afford too, maybe it’s the ones who can’t afford to have children who deserve to die out? :unsure:

fascinating I foresee a plague

HOLA449

What are you disillusioned about?

The entire thing, otherwise I wouldn't be wanting reform.

Having to work?

Nope.

What's wrong with that?

Nothing, just that it's taxed and regulated to the hilt, and there is a historically low demand for labour at the moment. Not to mention the instability of what work is available (rent demands don't magically cease when a job contract does).

And I'm also rather glad I live in a society that doesn't require too many people working on growing enough food

I didn't suggest everyone should become subsistence farmers.

so that the rest of us can get on with other things.

Like being rack-rented while we struggle to pay our bills? Skilled workers having little left but McJobs to fight over in their hundreds?

There are massive problems with it

Indeed, like 31% of my pay disappearing into a black hole before I get it. Or the 20% VAT. etc etc.

but you're not looking at the right ones.

There used to be a time where a man could earn a living, and support an entire family on one job. Now two incomes are insufficient for the same thing. What exactly do you think the problems are then?

HOLA4410

fascinating I foresee a plague

You've also got to ask which group has the better stomach to survive social and economic collapse. I'm not too sure 15 years of middle management experience will help in fighting off hordes of street wise chavs to the last box of shreddies.

HOLA4411

You've also got to ask which group has the better stomach to survive social and economic collapse. I'm not too sure 15 years of middle management experience will help in fighting off hordes of street wise chavs to the last box of shreddies.

After the next world war when the dust has settled, some chav will crawl out from under a stone and life will be saved!

HOLA4412

The entire thing, otherwise I wouldn't be wanting reform.

Nope.

Nothing, just that it's taxed and regulated to the hilt, and there is a historically low demand for labour at the moment. Not to mention the instability of what work is available (rent demands don't magically cease when a job contract does).

I didn't suggest everyone should become subsistence farmers.

Like being rack-rented while we struggle to pay our bills? Skilled workers having little left but McJobs to fight over in their hundreds?

Indeed, like 31% of my pay disappearing into a black hole before I get it. Or the 20% VAT. etc etc.

There used to be a time where a man could earn a living, and support an entire family on one job. Now two incomes are insufficient for the same thing. What exactly do you think the problems are then?

House prices FAR TOO HIGH to allow a one wage system to be the norm

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

House prices FAR TOO HIGH to allow a one wage system to be the norm

Yes, and I've already debated the real estate issue to death on here. You could abolish benefits and rents\property prices would still increase to take most of what people earn. This is made worse by taxing wages to create infrastructure that pushes up real estate values and thus rents, causing the worker to pay twice.

http://www.henrygeorge.org/pchp11.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Rent

I'll cease posting now as it's obvious the discussion is going in circles.