House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobster_cz

Tescos Importing Managers

Incredible, Tesco's are recruiting Managers for UK stores from Slovakia

My link

Job description, information about the position Manager delivers excellent retail standards to our customers and manages day to day running of the store. This role includes all aspects of staff and stock management and will provide a real challenge for organizational and communication skills. Ideal candidate should demonstrate a passion for working in a fast paced retail environment.

Other benefits For successful candidates we offer:

• 12 weeks structured training programme in the UK

• Induction Meeting in Slovakia - support with all formalities connected with legal employment in the UK (WRS, NIN, etc.)

• Professional Development Plan

• Competitive salary & benefits package

• All vacancies located in London

• We also help to organize accommodation at the beginning of employment

My link

Job description, information about the position Manager delivers excellent retail standards to our customers and manages day to day running of the store. This role includes all aspects of staff and stock management and will provide a real challenge for organizational and communication skills. Ideal candidate should demonstrate a passion for working in a fast paced retail environment.

• Induction Meeting in Slovakia - support with all formalities connected with legal employment in the UK (WRS, NIN, etc.)

Gobsmacked :huh:

The present population of London can barely speak English so what's wrong with a few more? At least culturally they won't be looking to slash up the first person who disrespects them or dares to walk on their patch of shitty high-rise council estate.

Yup, they work harder, longer, don't stand around chatting, don't need a "fag" break every 15 minutes, and don't take sickies because of "hang overs" or become manic depressives after 40.

It's a wake up call.

Yup, they work harder, longer, don't stand around chatting, don't need a "fag" break every 15 minutes, and don't take sickies because of "hang overs" or become manic depressives after 40.

It's a wake up call.

Exactly. They are just getting the best they can for the money. Clearly they think what they get, on average, out of British managers is not up to the same standard.

It's a wake up call.

Neither do I. I'll probably never reach management in my lifetime, because I don't have the benefits of nepotism, brown nose or otherwise engage in workplace politics. <_<

Exactly. They are just getting the best they can for the money. Clearly they think what they get, on average, out of British managers is not up to the same standard.

Yes, I imagine a Slovakian working temporarily in a country far away will be keen to spend as much time at work as possible, either to maximise his income or because he has nothing else to do in his lonely bedsit, whereas a British manager will make totally unreasonable demands, such as spending some small time with his wife and family.

It's a wake up call.

Its none of the above... it's wage arbitage..... nothing more.

Thus your slovakian can work in the UK for poor UK wages say £15000 a year, and when they return their £37000 (post tax) suddenly has the purchasing power of £111000, back home. This is their motivation for all of the above.

While your UK person on £15K after 3 years is left with barely any of that £15K and has no way of magically multiplying its purchasing power. If anything inflation will reduce the purchasing power massively.

If you offered the job at 45K the same motivation would apply, but they won't thus the UK worker is impoverishe and low in morale.

UK workers get an incredibly raw deal anyway, even factory workers in China can play wage arbitage between countryside and city factories. Can we?

If Tescos could replace all staff with robots, they would, - so would all big businesses.

In 25 years I reckon - we'll be served by robots.

It is perhaps the only way left for Tesco to grow in the UK. Replace Brit workers with EU workers, perhaps house them in all those empty flats that a big company like Tesco could buy up cheaply and suddenly you have bigger profits.

It is what the US Tech companies did out in Silicon Valley 10 years ago - bought up entire new build estates, houses lowpaid engineers and coders from outside the US in them. Made a shed load of money on paper.

You could drive around Silicon Valley at one point and drive past the Indian houses or the Korean houses, etc... all complete with their own shops... surreal.

Personally I'm trying to stop shopping at Tescos and other supermarkets as much as possible. It's not easy with their prevalance but I'm working on it!

My link

This is corpocratism run amok. They're really going for the jugular now. No limit.

Thin edge of the wedge. We could import lots of other Europeans, Indians and Asians, set up some porta-kabin type accommodation and we can get rid of vast amounts of people who have families etc that intrude on work and sap the company's' profits. These imports will work much longer hours for less money and will not complain and this can only benefit the economy. These must be the private sector jobs that Cameron was talking about.

Exactly what's happened to me, as a truck driver I'm required to take a minimum weekly rest of 24 hours, which I would spend with my family, and road hauliers would far prefer to employ a Pole (say) who would appreciate the chance to earn a bit of overtime stacking pallets in the warehouse on his day off (this is illegal of course but not enforced).

So on the one hand they are harder working. But on the other hand you can't drive five miles along a motorway in Britain these days without seeing an eastern European truck, and a British car facing the wrong way, parked on the hard shoulder because the truck driver was so tired that he has just wandered into the path of the car and spun it.

Taking it to its logical conclusion, we could get Azeris or Azerbaijanis to drive our buses and trains and deliver our letters, allowing them to bed down on the floor of their bus or train or Sorting Office at night, I am sure they would work like coolies for £50 a week.

Thin edge of the wedge. We could import lots of other Europeans, Indians and Asians, set up some porta-kabin type accommodation and we can get rid of vast amounts of people who have families etc that intrude on work and sap the company's' profits. These imports will work much longer hours for less money and will not complain and this can only benefit the economy. These must be the private sector jobs that Cameron was talking about.

.....until the country is full of immigrants and all the professional jobs have been outsourced?

It's already happened.

I hope this backfires on Tesco's. What a sad mess. Truly sad.

Reading your posts which show an undiluted hate for the British worker you must be one of the following three

1. A Foreign worker totally jealous of the British

2. The most lazy worker that was ever employed who has scammed everyone you have ever worked for and due to this coming so easy to you you beleive ever other British worker is the same.

3. Completly Bonkers

Which one of the above is the right answer please?

Reading your posts which show an undiluted hate for the British worker you must be one of the following three

2. The most lazy worker that was ever employed who has scammed everyone you have ever worked for and due to this coming so easy to you you beleive ever other British worker is the same.

3. Completly Bonkers

I think he simply has an over-inflated sense of self-worth and believes that he personally will never see his job outsourced "because he is worth it", and Johnny Foreigner could not do what he does.

It's a big mistake to think this. Being a British Airways pilot is a pretty professional and respected job, but pilots from all corners of the globe land at Gatwick every day and they seem to do it as well as British pilots, so perhaps BA could save some money by putting signs up along the taxiways saying "Pilots wanted, £5.93 an hour, phone 0844 493 0 787"

Wage arbitrage

In America (as Denninger points out), US university students are burdened with undischargeable-in-bankruptcy-student loans. Their equivalent foreign grad competitors aren't. The latter can afford a lower wage so get the job. It's a race to the bottom. Very sad for a country that produced Henry Ford with his vision that he wanted his workers wealthy enough to be able to afford his cars.

Tescos do not pay the social costs of their hiring decisions. Neither did Total with their oil refinery a couple of years back. We have a political class so numbskulled in economics and in thrall to globalisation that they're incapable of calculating costs, even when those costs include their political lives.

This is what we looked into back in the late 90's when we worked there. Its costs more money to move product from the chillers, freezers and warehouse of a store onto the shopfloor than it does to move it from depot to store. As a result there were some investigations into "robots" that would bring the product out onto the shopfloor and another idea we looked into was self filling shelves which would be shelfs fed from the back of the shelf through a sort of conveyor type system abit like the self picking systems employed in the Southampton depot for example. We were using AI to predict what people would but back in 98 to work out volumes as well.

Well, 'robot' is originally a (Czecho)slovakian word.

It's The Big Tesco Society.

Not even a year gone by and already the Coalition is such a dreadful dreadful disappointment.

Yes, we've had all three of the mainstream parties in now, time to vote for somebody new at the next election, even if they present themselves as representing British nationals. ;)

3. Completly Bonkers

:lol:

You are the one who is always moaning about all the foreigners coming over and taking our jobs. Now you seem to be saying that not lots of them are working afterall. Lots are here on benefits. Which is it to be ? You gonna make your mind up anytime soon...

Where do I have undiluted hate for the British worker ? I have worked in a lot of countries and there is no doubt, in my experience, that the British work ethic of today is very poor compared to lots of other places. Nothing about hate there. Just simple facts. Deal with it.

(1) A foreign worker ? No. And I have been a foreign worker in numerous other countries so I have seen it from both sides of the fence. You not agree that gives me the right/experience to comment on these things ? Or do you just want to stick your head in the sand further - and continue with the bull that I hate British workers - simply because you don't want to face up to may of the truths I speak. Your issue - not mine.

(2) A lazy worker ? Nah. I continue to get employed over and over again by people who I have worked for before. You may take a rough guess this is because I put a lot of effort in.

(3) Completely bonkers ? Don't think so. Just with a lot more experience of the World than most twice my age. So therefore able to make comments on subjects like this. And then be told I know nothing as I am a young pup - even though the sheer number of jobs I have done - and different places I have done them means quite the opposite.

I think he simply has an over-inflated sense of self-worth and believes that he personally will never see his job outsourced "because he is worth it", and Johnny Foreigner could not do what he does.

It's a big mistake to think this. Being a British Airways pilot is a pretty professional and respected job, but pilots from all corners of the globe land at Gatwick every day and they seem to do it as well as British pilots, so perhaps BA could save some money by putting signs up along the taxiways saying "Pilots wanted, £5.93 an hour, phone 0844 493 0 787"

Really ? :lol:

Have a look at any of my posts on the many threads about contract work etc... I think you will find I am constantly expecting the work I am in today to dry up. I think in the complete opposite way to what you say above. I think you may just be jealous as I am one of those people who gets on with it, works hard, and seems to always get lucky.

You make your own luck in this World. For a lot of things anyway.

Anyone who thinks they are indispensable and 'worth it' is a ******ing retard. I totally agree with you on this. You have got me so wrong it is incredible. You clearly don't really listen to what I actually say. Again - your issue - not mine.

Yes, we've had all three of the mainstream parties in now, time to vote for somebody new at the next election, even if they present themselves as representing British nationals. ;)

As well as their racist politics, I doubt the people in nationalist parties have the wherewithal to run a whelk stall, never mind an economy.