House Price Crash Forum
timebandit

Invitation To Grant Shapps

How about Fubra inviting the housing minister to a Q&A on site?

Just got involved in the Guardian Q&A, frustrating a few chosen questions addressed.

So how about it Grant, Fubra lets do lunch.

Mods please could leave here for a wider audience.

Thanks

Slightly off-topic - haven't seen you post for a while TB. Wasn't it you who last summer called Nolan gullible live on Radio 5 for believing HPs only went up? That was classic!

Slightly off-topic - haven't seen you post for a while TB. Wasn't it you who last summer called Nolan gullible live on Radio 5 for believing HPs only went up? That was classic!

It was. I doth my cap to TimeBandit. He also said "you listened to the vested interests, you listened to estate agents, you listened to the BBC news reporters..."

It was at that point that he got cut off. Haha. A legend. :D

Thats seems such a long time ago :)

Struggle to find time lately, fourteen hour days, six day a week, on a four month contract which came to end last Monday.

May be offered a new contract next week, £7 a hour rather than £8.15. oh well we are all in together ;)

How about Fubra inviting the housing minister to a Q&A on site?

Just got involved in the Guardian Q&A, frustrating a few chosen questions addressed.

So how about it Grant, Fubra lets do lunch.

Mods please could leave here for a wider audience.

Thanks

Very good idea TB.

Fubra should invite him. Politely, of course, at first...

Then press him a little more, then dare him, then go public, then "challenge" him, in public.

Besides, great publicity! Good for the cause, and also good for Fubra's business! A win-win situation!

Not a chance of him coming here.

He would be out of his depth. :lol:

Not sure he could handle the economic truth of high house prices.

Can you image Eric Pebble probing him on LIAR LOANS :ph34r:

It was. I doth my cap to TimeBandit. He also said "you listened to the vested interests, you listened to estate agents, you listened to the BBC news reporters..."

It was at that point that he got cut off. Haha. A legend. :D

+1

Taking an hour to listen to the whole thing is an hour well spent. Time bandit did us proud, and from memory the guy who talked about the cycle of bubbles did a great job too... by the way, was he ever outed as an HPC'er?

If there was 'no room at the table' for PriceOut.org.uk at his meeting about 'helping First Time Buyers', then I think the probability of him coming on here is approximately the same as me finding an unclaimed winning lottery ticket on the street.

Email sent to grant@shapps.com

Hi Mr Shapps

Thank you for taking the time to respond to questions on the Guardian website.

We have a forum called housepricecrash.co.uk and would welcome the opportunity for you to pop in.

Agree the forum name is blunt, however since my membership in '08 I have found the majority of usernames to be engaging and take the time to do the research on the various subjects we discuss.

We would love the oppotunity to take a dip into the darkside with either a Q&A session or ten preselected questions with ten follow up questions.

Kind regards

We never did find out about the guy and the cycle of the bubble.

Sir I still salute you and in awe of our how you handle our message and Stephen Nolan.

Fubra if you still check in please could you approach the minister, thank you

Edited by timebandit

Email sent to grant@shapps.com

Hi Mr Shapps

Thank you for taking the time to respond to questions on the Guardian website.

We have a forum called housepricecrash.co.uk and would welcome the opportunity for you to pop in.

Agree the forum name is blunt, however since my membership in '08 I have found the majority of usernames to be engaging and take the time to do the research on the various subjects we discuss.

We would love the oppotunity to take a dip into the darkside with either a Q&A session or ten preselected questions with ten follow up questions.

Kind regards

We never did find out about the guy and the cycle of the bubble.

Sir I still salute you and in awe of our how you handle our message and Stephen Nolan.

Fubra if you still check in please could you approach the minister, thank you

You can probably expect mail merge #17 as a respone from his secretary.

If there was 'no room at the table' for PriceOut.org.uk at his meeting about 'helping First Time Buyers', then I think the probability of him coming on here is approximately the same as me finding an unclaimed winning lottery ticket on the street.

Curse those tiny tables, oh if only a Minister of the Crown had access to some slightly larger conference facilities I'm sure they'd all have been delighted to listen to the people they spent the day pretending to care about.