House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
D179

Decreasing Supply?

I still do my daily rightmove search (even though I am Currently buying a property) but I have noticed a real decrease in new supply this week , anyone else seen this??

I still do my daily rightmove search (even though I am Currently buying a property) but I have noticed a real decrease in new supply this week , anyone else seen this??

Has a local EA left rightmove?

No. Property supply in Lymington continues stable, neither increasing nor decreasing.

Supply is irrelevant....only affordable supply is....they can have as many properties as they like for £1m quid...overpriced rubbish= no supply. ;)

I've noticed something similar where I am. Down from around 20 to 25 new listings/updates a day to 5 yesterday and 3 today.

Supply is irrelevant....only affordable supply is....they can have as many properties as they like for £1m quid...overpriced rubbish= no supply. ;)

I'm not sure that holds. However the extreme example you gave it probably does. If supply increases at todays market value, then there will be more houses out there that you can bargain down a bit.

I've only just started my Rightmove area chart. Here is the series so far...

22/02/2011 772

03/03/2011 770

09/03/2011 768

I would be tempted to take this as a muted positive. The recent jump in supply seemed still ridiculously over-priced. However, I think people are genuinely realising that those days are basically gone and they are withdrawing or not entering the market until they work out what the hell they are meant to do*.

* it must be a bugger trying to sell one place and buy another in this market

I would be tempted to take this as a muted positive. The recent jump in supply seemed still ridiculously over-priced. However, I think people are genuinely realising that those days are basically gone and they are withdrawing or not entering the market until they work out what the hell they are meant to do*.

* it must be a bugger trying to sell one place and buy another in this market

Not if you drop your price, get a genuine, verified offer on yours you are then in effect a cash buyer.....then you tell your prospective seller of the house you are interested in that to sell it to you they will have to drop their price, the same as you had to, so you would expect them to do the same.....if they do, they have a buyer, if not you look elsewhere.....long winded business this buying and selling business......expect to be disappointed, if you are not it will be a bonus. ;)

Yes, but too early to tell if it's a trend.

I've seen a steady increase in supply here of about 1 - 2% a week for most of the past year. That equates to about 40 - 60 new instructions / price reductions a day, excepting weekends and Mondays which are less.

Today, there are 7.

Things are very quiet in Maidenhead. Well, apart from two of the most attractive but over-priced properties (one detached, the other terraced) having depressingly gone under offer.

Wondered if it was just me, but decided to take a leaf out of The Masked Tulip's book on Monday and actually speak to an EA. He said he hadn't ever known it this bad. Nothing coming onto the market. Very little shifting. No impetus to force people to sell. Everyone waiting to see what happens next.

I think rightmove have messed up one of their updates for today. I normally see about 120 - 180 a day added. Today was 31. The only other time I've seen it this low was when rightmove failed to add any new listings for the day, it was just showing up a few from late the previous day. I suspect today has been the same. Today aside the trend seems well and truely in place.

I think rightmove have messed up one of their updates for today. I normally see about 120 - 180 a day added. Today was 31. The only other time I've seen it this low was when rightmove failed to add any new listings for the day, it was just showing up a few from late the previous day. I suspect today has been the same. Today aside the trend seems well and truely in place.

Agreed. Something is amiss with RM. Supply is still growing where I look except for today: normally 20-30 added per day - today is 3. I suspect tomorrow it will be 50!

Still lots coming on here in Essex. But it does seem to flatten out occasionally before resuming upward trend.

Ay steady trend upwards in my 1 mile radius (small dorset town) 280 before xmas now up to 329.

Hopefully bursting through 330 by the weekend.

Most definetly not down.

Have noticed it too.

I don't think there's anything to be alarmed about. If someone has decided they are going to sell in Spring, then the 1st week of March is probably the date they'll all shoot for. They'll be a steady trickle until 1st week of April.. and then there'll be a HUGE supply of new properties.

Doesnt matter a toss either way mate - HPC aint happening - its against the law

New 3 days supply is constant in Central London (from high level) and doubled in West London since last week .

Same here in Farnham.

Absolutely f**k all came on here, from Monday to Wednesday. Mrs B really giving me hell... "bloody typical, now we're ready to look there's nothing coming on...."

Then today back to normal. Thankee the Lord of HPC, for giving me a bit of peace at home :D