House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Panic Now And Beat The Rush

The key point about panics is the need to get in early. Once there are a lot of people who have decided to panic, it's to late to do you much good unless you already have your panic over and done with or don't have a reason to panic in the first place.

"If you're going to Panic, Panic Early"

This is what I keep telling everyone at work, of which they laugh at me and say I'm a doom monger and that is not always the case.

But on Tuesday morning I learn't the above to be true, when my (well, parents) chimney caught of fire (yes it was very cold) and I called the fire brigade before tackling it - yet, just as they arrived the fire had spread onto the carpet with sticks and ash everywhere... I was panicing alot by this point.

(bloody birds had built a nest on top of the chinmey, but the sticks kept falling down so the bloody bird just got more sticks - all the sticks and crap had got stuck half way up, and when it was on fire it all fell down in one go - and went everywhere).

In hindsight, I'm glad I did call them early - and I did panic early!

P.s. the bird was dead.

In hindsight, I'm glad I did call them early - and I did panic early!

Well, you've got 3 minutes before it engulfs a room to 1000 degrees +

Then you've got 30 minutes behind a reasonably substantial door before it burns through.

But the smoke will kill you before the flames.

Great post Durch. THe key is buy low and sell high. "Sell" being the operative word. We are at the top of the peak or at the point where the hot air is stretching the bubble too thin.

In the words of so many of Arnold Schwarzenegger's characters:

"VE need to ged oudder hee-ah---NOUWWW."

TTRTR seems to have missed this wisdom of the economic ages.