House Price Crash Forum
Xurbia

What Is This Monstrosity?

WTFisthis

I think this home illustrates all that is mad with the UK housing market. I wish I still lived in England. I'd love to set up an appointment just for the hell of it.

From the agent:

There is no denying it, these are unusual looking bungalows. They have been built with a single pitched, or mono pitched roof for its proper description giving it an unusual appearance which I think adds to its appeal.

From the monstrosity's owner:

you won't regret your decision to move in.

I can think of more than 289,950 reasons why I'd regret moving in. I'd rather rent a dog kennel. I cannot believe anyone has the audacity to ask 290 grand for this piece of crap. How this got planning permission I'll never know.

That's got to be a converted office/factory building. There are hardly any windows at the front - and what's with all the garages?.

Notice the strip-light is still left in the "kitchen". Surprised there isn't still a lawnmower and a ladder on the wall...

and 289k for two bedrooms.

Madness.

That's got to be a converted office/factory building. There are hardly any windows at the front - and what's with all the garages?.

I think you are mistaken, I'm pretty sure it is an original "Vom-haus".

In the future, buildings like this will be preserved to show the impact of the credit bubble at the start of the 21st century. It will be more of a horror show than a family attraction...

I think that 3rd garage on the right is the neighbours, they've only got two

It's the half-acre of concrete at the front that really gives it the trading estate ambience imo

That's where you sell your used commercial vehicles from, isn't it?

In the photos the ceilings look quite low, but in the picture of the front of the house it looks like there is a lot of loft space.

Weird how there's no mention of this in the listing. Something hidden up there perhaps?

They're not garages, they are loading bays for the forklift trucks. Goods in at one end, and Goods out at the other.

More garages than windows. Nice.

You can tell the 'french windows' used to be another garage too. And the width of the proper windows suggests another garage entrance.

My guess is these used to be a load of lock up garages. Hope they got planning permission to 'convert'

It looks like this was really built as a bungalow! It's amazing. :lol:

Take a look on streetview.....don't know how to link but address is windmill close, ashington, west sussex

Edited by Xurbia

There is no denying it, these are unusual looking bungalows. They have been built with a single pitched, or mono pitched roof for its proper description giving it an unusual appearance which I think adds to its appeal.

Actually, if that roof is south facing (as it looks to be from the short shadow) then it would be ideal for installing solar panels. They wouldn't even be visible from the road. So maybe it would appeal to aspiring green energy investors?