House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fellow

Bbc: Welsh Housing Market Activity Falls Considerably

Very Nice headline from the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-12673589

No, pretty sure we have a floor. I was in the valleys recently, houses for £25k, if they fall any further places will go negative. This was West Glamorgan. There is no way in the world I would want to buy an investment property in Maesteg, Port Talbot or Gywncorryg but someone must.

Guest The Relaxation Suite

Very Nice headline from the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-12673589

That Welsh houses in isolated towns ever rose to + 150k is all we need to know about the ponzi scheme that Blair used to fund his social reform agenda. These places were never worth more than 50k. Ever. The only places in rural Wales that will retain their value will be the "white flight" bolt-holes with an acreage that will become more valuable as the cities continue to fall apart. Everywhere else is doomed.

That Welsh houses in isolated towns ever rose to + 150k is all we need to know about the ponzi scheme that Blair used to fund his social reform agenda. These places were never worth more than 50k. Ever. The only places in rural Wales that will retain their value will be the "white flight" bolt-holes with an acreage that will become more valuable as the cities continue to fall apart. Everywhere else is doomed.

1) I believe PFI was probably a significant player in Blair's social reform agenda, the rest was the banks doings

2) 'white flight' bolt-holes, phew whats been happening where you live! Not my experience.

3) cities fall appart - really? Some lovely cities where I live or have lived, if you exclude the trashy 'executive' flats

Whilst I now live out in the sticks, I periodically vistit a vibrant multicultural city and I am always pleasanty suprised by how polite everyone is. Where I live, everyone under 40 (all white) are really polite. But it is full of miserable white gits with no manners aged 45-60, ---------sadly my age group.

Its all relative isnt it. Nowhere can be 'doomed', as people just move on dont they? But then It's personal taste.

Edited by voidal

Guest The Relaxation Suite

1) I believe PFI was probably a significant player in Blair's social reform agenda, the rest was the banks doings

2) 'white flight' bolt-holes, phew whats been happening where you live! Not my experience.

3) cities fall appart - really? Some lovely cities where I live or have lived, if you exclude the trashy 'executive' flats

Whilst I now live out in the sticks, I periodically vistit a vibrant multicultural city and I am always pleasanty suprised by how polite everyone is. Where I live, everyone under 40 (all white) are really polite. But it is full of miserable white gits with no manners aged 45-60, ---------sadly my age group.

Its all relative isnt it. Nowhere can be 'doomed', as people just move on dont they? But then It's personal taste.

You shouldn't infer what I think you are inferring from my post. I am pro-multiculturalism and enjoy living in cities. My point is that the Daily Mail brigade do not and are fleeing London in particular. This is why the little band of houses around the capital have shot up so much in value. The middle-England masses want to work in or visit the city but they do not want their kids in the schools with all the little brown children. The really rich are buying "holiday homes" aka retirement bolt-holes all over the provinces in places like Devon/Cornwall north coast and West Wales. This has pushed prices up. I know people personally who have done this, especially in Pembroke "Little England" as they now call it because it's got so bad.

My view is that London is following the same trajectory that American cities are on - but it's about 25 years behind. One day, only ethnic minorities will live in London and other large British cities.