House Price Crash Forum

Hi,

We're FTB's looking for some perspective on our situation.

We put in an offer on a house over a week ago, just over 20% under its marketed price (pehaps 10-12% under what we perceive as its maximum value). This was pretty much discarded within 20 mins by the agent, who passed the offer on but said the vendor wouldn't consider selling that far below the asking ("things are bad, but not that bad").

Fair enough then, I said I'd have a think about it, but haven't gpt back in touch. In the meantime though the status of the property on rightmove has changed to 'under offer'. Is there a chance this is our offer considering they haven't been back in touch? Should I contact the agent in peoples opinions?

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi,

We're FTB's looking for some perspective on our situation.

We put in an offer on a house over a week ago, just over 20% under its marketed price (pehaps 10-12% under what we perceive as its maximum value). This was pretty much discarded within 20 mins by the agent, who passed the offer on but said the vendor wouldn't consider selling that far below the asking ("things are bad, but not that bad").

Fair enough then, I said I'd have a think about it, but haven't gpt back in touch. In the meantime though the status of the property on rightmove has changed to 'under offer'. Is there a chance this is our offer considering they haven't been back in touch? Should I contact the agent in peoples opinions?

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers.

Doubt it's your offer. Probably one that has been accepted by the vendor.

I too suspect it is not your offer. I'm sure you'd know if it was. You are not clear if the offer you did put forward was officially refused. If it was not, I guess there's no harm checking; it will at least put your mind at rest.

Well don't feel too bad. Remember, you want it because you think you lost it! Just keep an eye on it - lots of 'deals' fall through. Something else will come up. Good luck.

Called the ea today and someone's offered 125k plus for the house. Who are these muppets? I had it down to 115k after one phone call.

No wonder they didn't bother asking if I wanted to match the offer...

It seems you can do all the research you want into the price of a property, but if someone comes along begging to pay the overvalued asking price in a downward market then what chance do you stand??