House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

Semi - But Only Just

The only reason I can see for that is to be able to call it a semi-detatched. there can be no other reason.

Wouldn't it be better to bridge over the gap - at least that way, you'd save some heating costs.

The only reason I can see for that is to be able to call it a semi-detatched. there can be no other reason.

Wouldn't it be better to bridge over the gap - at least that way, you'd save some heating costs.

Indeed, and also gain a bit more room upstairs. They've probably built exactly the same house somewhere else though, on bigger plots and didn't want to shell out on new designs for this estate.

I like how the description is at pains to make sure you know it's a semi:

SEMI DETACHED PROPERTY
Edited by cheeznbreed

Oh dear, picture 2, thats a little bit to close the the river isnt it? Who would buy it at that price with such a huge risk of flooding? Not to mention what that must smell like in the height of summer...does not look particularly fast moving...

Thats not worth 50k. :huh:

Oh dear, picture 2, thats a little bit to close the the river isnt it? Who would buy it at that price with such a huge risk of flooding? Not to mention what that must smell like in the height of summer...does not look particularly fast moving...

Thats not worth 50k. :huh:

It's actually a canal ... As long as the bank doesn't erode on that side they're fine... But just opposite is the space where the young lads go to razz about on their motorbikes. It's incredibly annoying in the summer....

It's actually a canal ... As long as the bank doesn't erode on that side they're fine... But just opposite is the space where the young lads go to razz about on their motorbikes. It's incredibly annoying in the summer....

Yea but it drowns out the buzz of the mosquitos from the stagnant water. You can't have it all ways.

Trade Descriptions Act. For all intents and purposes it's a terraced house.

edit: I bet you can hear every single noise from the house on the right and late at night probably the house on the left.

Edited by pl1

alot closer than that, you could get another house in that gap ;)

i cant find it (i think the ad has been pulled) but it was probably 50mm at most, and classed as a Semi

Same as the house I am in, in fact built by the same people (Taylor Wimpey), same fittings, everything; I bet the bloody gap is the same size as well.

You can fit a person and a bike down there quite comfortably. The worst time is the summer, when they crack out the barbecue and the wind proceeds to blow smoke over the fence and into your house.

The people who really get screwed in this deal are the bigger houses, I am currently in a 2 bedder, and the bigger houses are simply my house with an extra floor and a bit bigger front, oh and 30-40k bolted onto the price.

Not worth it IMO.

Edited by retz