House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Activity In Welsh Housing Market Falls 'considerably'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-12673589

Tony Filice of RICS Wales and director of Kelvin Francis Chartered Surveyors said: "Increased levels of properties are coming onto the market in Wales, across all price ranges.

"Vendors and viewers are starting to display a cautious optimism and, while there are a relatively low number of sales going through, we are also expecting higher levels of viewings. There is still a shortage of first-time buyers."

Yeah, right.

Expecting higher viewings and experiencing higher viewings are not be confused.

According to the latest Land Reg numbers, Wales is starting to follow Northern Ireland in scale of falls.

Of course, this RICS survey comes in the middle of the "spring bounce" so it should have some positive sentiment in there.

Expecting higher viewings and experiencing higher viewings are not be confused.

According to the latest Land Reg numbers, Wales is starting to follow Northern Ireland in scale of falls.

Of course, this RICS survey comes in the middle of the "spring bounce" so it should have some positive sentiment in there.

Will the bbc start reporting "a crash" if Wales goes down?

(...)

(...)

Yup, and if you look at the text of the RICS report, not one surveyor in Wales reported rising prices.

The balance of expectations in Wales is now more gloomy (at -56) than any other area, including NI (at -46).

I posted this story today too ... in Regional/Wales section.

Prices of houses in my part of Wales (North Coast) are definitely going down ... I have seen lots of big price reductions since 2007 ... some 20%plus reductons seen on asking prices even now. And some properties (especially the larger houses) getting stuck on market for years .... as in 4 yrs or more! Vendors much be getting worried, but they are not putting prices down fast enough IMO ... so they are chasing the market down slowly ... and many not making a sale. I think they need to really slash their asking price to hook someone in at the moment? Cos I think word has got out (to the general masses) that prices are falling?