House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Uk Economy To Grow By Less Than Expected, Says Bcc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12672276

The UK economy will grow by less than expected in 2011 but growth in 2012 will be better than predicted, the British Chambers of Commerce forecasts.

The group downgraded its forecast for UK GDP growth in 2011 to 1.4% from a December forecast of 1.9%.

The BCC said the downward revision was due to an unexpected fall in 2010's fourth quarter GDP.

Meanwhile, retail sales fell 0.4% in February against a year ago, according to the British Retail Consortium.

February's fall was the weakest sales performance since last April when like-for-like sales fell by 2.3% due to the difference in timing of the Easter holiday.

At least it's not unexpected just less than expected. I suppose they feel the 2012 Olympics will bring a big boost to the UK economy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12672276

At least it's not unexpected just less than expected. I suppose they feel the 2012 Olympics will bring a big boost to the UK economy.

I have been expecting an unexpected downgrade in the expected levels of growth.

Should be a good contraboost for stocks today as companies rely on future earning to boost share values. Sterling should do well also on the same basis as it means no IR hikes in the pipeline.

I'm not sure.. don't forget all the one off seasonal factors that will catch us by surprise.

-The Royal Weddng in the spring, interest in that could keep people from shopping

-A hot summer, might make people lethargic and go outside instead of shopping

-Fall could be a good quarter unless it unexpetedly rains, then spending could fall

I'm not sure.. don't forget all the one off seasonal factors that will catch us by surprise.

-The Royal Weddng in the spring, interest in that could keep people from shopping

-A hot summer, might make people lethargic and go outside instead of shopping

-Fall could be a good quarter unless it unexpetedly rains, then spending could fall

Of course there is also the recent increase in sun spot activity which may keep people from shopping.

But seriously, the increase in petrol will have an affect.

With public sector redundancies kicking in soon I would not be surprised to see us back in recession this year.

With public sector redundancies kicking in soon I would not be surprised to see us back in recession this year.

yet to materialise.

The national average price of unleaded petrol has broken through 130p/ltr according to today’s official release from the DECC.

Unleaded petrol now stands at 131.3p and diesel has hit a new high of 136.9p.

weeklyfuelprices080311.gif