House Price Crash Forum

Top Barclays Bankster On Almost £50 Million

HOLA441

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/8367108/Jerry-del-Missier-is-highest-paid-employee-of-Barclays.html

Jerry del Missier is highest paid employee of Barclays
Jerry del Missier, the co-head of Barclays investment banking arm, earned £14.3m in 2010 – taking his total package including awards that vested this year to almost
£50m
.../
Including share awards that vested this year, Mr Diamond's (Bob) total pay package was about £30m.

Sick, sick, sick. :angry:

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA442
HOLA443

If this chap was so profitable for the company, why has the company lost so much shareholder value over the years, and why are the payouts to shareholders so small?

With a hedge fund, they only take 20% of profits as a management fee. The take appears to be much higher at Barclays. That is fine, we can avoid buying Barclays shares. What we cant avoid as taxpayers is underwriting their debt and bailing them out, as soon as they get into trouble.

HOLA444

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1363790/Barclays-bosses-hand-47m-head-pay-bonuses.html

Barclays bosses awarded themselves pay and share packages worth up to £47million a head yesterday, but
insisted the bumper windfalls were ‘in the interests’ of Britain.
The bank was accused of ‘extraordinary greed’ as it released details of a string of jaw-dropping salaries, bonus schemes and equity plans worth hundreds of millions of pounds.

Reminiscent of the old GM saying "what's good for GM is good for America."

The Banksters neglected to add an appropriate phrase to their claim: "You know it makes sense."

HOLA445

insisted the bumper windfalls were ‘in the interests’ of Britain.

At least the old GM didn't profit from knowingly pushing 'gear' that risked the global economy; this though is different: its gangster's protection money by another name.

"Nice to have a family. A man should take care, see that nothin' happens to them."

Frank Nitti, The Untouchables.

Last week I closed both accounts with that bank so the vile Barclays gang won't profit from me directly ever again.

I look forward to the day when a British politician finds the courage to stand up and tell it like it is: Modern banks are nothing more than legalised protection rackets.

No wonder Mervyn King is surprised the people aren't more angry than they are.

FACT : THERE IS A CABAL IN BARCLAYS.

Edited by Dave Spart

HOLA446

At least the old GM didn't profit from knowingly pushing 'gear' that risked the global economy; this though is different: its gangster's protection money by another name.

Last week I closed both accounts with that bank so the vile Barclays cabal won't profit from me directly ever again.

I look forward to the day when a British politician finds the courage to stand up and tell it like it is: Modern banks are nothing more than legalised protection rackets.

It would be interesting to know how many people are doing likewise. If everyone who has an account with Barclays did so I daresay it would shut down their operation.

Anyone on here with Barclays doing the same? Thinking about it?

I am with Natwest (RBS) and wonder about switching it all over to my Nationwide account. Can't recall how big the RBS skims were.

HOLA447

I used to know Jerry a loooong time ago, way back when he was a young kid on the swaps desk at BT, he is a nice guy and waaay smarter than Bob and has basically ran the show at Barcap for years while Bob has been the public face, he is really just a shrewd guy who saved the banks ass when the proverbial hit the fan, paying him 40 million quid is a lot better value than whatever the mupppets at RBS were paid ...

Edited by catsick

HOLA448

I used to know Jerry a loooong time ago, way back when he was a young kid on the swaps desk at BT, he is a nice guy and waaay smarter than Bob and has basically ran the show at Barcap for years while Bob has been the public face, he is really just a shrewd guy who saved the banks ass when the proverbial hit the fan, paying him 40 million quid is a lot better value than whatever the mupppets at RBS were paid ...

IIRC that bank had to go Barcap in hand to the Arabs when the proverbial hit the fan. IIRC further, they also got some of the TARP money too.

If they paid him 40m for having saved the banks ass, did they also ask him to repay past earnings to make good for his part in causing the sh1t storm in the first place? Or was it an Inside Job?

HOLA449

Was he also at the bank when it managed to get itself into trouble? He must have been if he was so instrumental in saving it, which also means he was instrumental in bringing it to the brink. It wouldnt have got to the brink if it hadnt been levered so highly.

Ah, but if it hadnt been levered so highly, the way of making money that is used as a measure for justifying these bonuses, wouldnt have been an option.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Last week I closed both accounts with that bank so the vile Barclays gang won't profit from me directly ever again.

I decided yesterday to close my current account with them. I've been meaning to do it for years, but I think they've finally gone far too far. Where to open an account though, that's another question?

What I might do is leave 20p in there so they still send out statements which in effect will lose them money on me. A bit petty I know, but I like to be awkward.

HOLA4412

Meanwhile it is more and more difficult for small businesses to get lines of credit (despite Cameron's harping), individuals to get loans and mortgages (yes I know most people here believe that is a good thing), etc, etc.

Can someone tell me how having such a large financial industry in the UK actually helps the country? Considering that every single public sector in the country is being cut back to the bone, while bankers are being paid millions in bonuses, I just don't see the benefit.

If you guys aren't careful, the UK REALLY is going to turn into a mini USA. Only problem is, you have many more people concentrated in a MUCH smaller area. It is going to be far more grim and ugly than anything I have seen in America.

Edited by mel in w9

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Sounds like another Septic.

Diamond Bob should take his lender of last resort contingent liability to the US taxpayer in the same way HSBC should go and bother the Chinese.

All these subsidised 'businesses' are a tax on everybody else.

Withdraw FSCS support, cancel their licences and watch them cry like babies when their state money teat is withdrawn.

HOLA4415

Sounds like another Septic.

Diamond Bob should take his lender of last resort contingent liability to the US taxpayer in the same way HSBC should go and bother the Chinese.

All these subsidised 'businesses' are a tax on everybody else.

Withdraw FSCS support, cancel their licences and watch them cry like babies when their state money teat is withdrawn.

Well said indeed!

HOLA4416

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/8367108/Jerry-del-Missier-is-highest-paid-employee-of-Barclays.html

Jerry del Missier is highest paid employee of Barclays
Jerry del Missier, the co-head of Barclays investment banking arm, earned £14.3m in 2010 – taking his total package including awards that vested this year to almost
£50m
.../
Including share awards that vested this year, Mr Diamond's (Bob) total pay package was about £30m.

Sick, sick, sick. :angry:

Come now - we don't want to see the banks losing their 'talent' :lol: (The same 'talent' that apparently got them and the global economy into the current mess.)

Don't you know that there are dozens of potential employers out their clamouring to pay the top banksters even more money?

Meanwhile for everyone else - pay freezes because apparently every business apart from investment banking needs to become more competitive on salaries. Presumably so that the government can redirect the productive capacity to keep the banks propped up.

HOLA4417

Was he also at the bank when it managed to get itself into trouble? He must have been if he was so instrumental in saving it, which also means he was instrumental in bringing it to the brink. It wouldnt have got to the brink if it hadnt been levered so highly.

Ah, but if it hadnt been levered so highly, the way of making money that is used as a measure for justifying these bonuses, wouldnt have been an option.

Banksters are total disgrace but they get away with it because the English are so moronic and are scared easily. Here in France they'd have messrs Goodwin, Applegarth and Hornby on trial for grand fraud and theft but in the good 'ol UK they're apparantly 'vital' to the economy. What a load of BS.

Oh, another thing. All those Bankster apologists who say 'Barclays avoided a handout so can do as they please' - are you totally thick! They only survive because Brown &co instigated QE, the SLS and the deposit guarantee, without those measures Barclays would fold and the Sheikhs would never have invested, which would be a moment of great joy.

One can only hope that these sickening bonuses for failure are the final act of hubris before banks are nationalised and Banksters are locked up at HMP.