House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Miyagi

How Could The Man Cleared Of Raping Me

A woman who woke to find a man having sex with her has told of her disbelief at his acquittal on rape charges after he claimed he had stumbled into the wrong bed.

Haydor Khan, 22, said he was so drunk that it was not until he was having sex with Joanne Freeman that he realised she was not his girlfriend and that he was in the wrong hotel room.

But Miss Freeman, 39, said she struggled to understand how Mr Khan could have mistaken her – a petite, size six blonde – for his tall, size 12 brunette girlfriend Nicola Wood, 19.

Mr Khan told a jury he was ‘****** out of my nut’ and only realised his error when he caught a glimpse of Miss Freeman’s face in the dark.

The court heard that his first thought was not of guilt, but instead: ‘Bloody hell. I’ve just had sex with someone old enough to be my mum.’ He was cleared of rape two weeks ago.

Yesterday Miss Freeman, a mother of two who has waived her right to anonymity, said she would never forget ‘seeing his face above me that night’ and that she felt ‘humiliated and ashamed’.

She said: ‘I wish I could erase from my memory what he has done, but I can’t.

‘It is so hard to understand how he confused me with his girlfriend because we are physically so different.

‘Since it happened he has shown no remorse that he had sex with a woman without her consent. Instead he was repulsed he accidentally slept with someone “old enough to be his mother”.

‘Well, look at it the other way. A boy half my age came into my room and had sex with me while I was asleep. I am the one who feels disgusted.’

Miss Freeman and Miss Wood worked and lived at the Royal Arms Hotel in Farnham, Surrey, when the incident happened on August 31 last year.

Miss Freeman, a catering manager at the hotel, had met Mr Khan, a waiter at an Indian restaurant, ‘once or twice’ and said she found him ‘arrogant and controlling’ towards his girlfriend.

Mr Khan told Guildford Crown Court that his girlfriend had promised to have sex with him that night but had decided she was not well enough.

After midnight he went downstairs to shower and, upon his return, drunkenly wandered into Miss Freeman’s room, which was opposite Miss Wood’s.

Miss Freeman said: ‘I woke up and he was on top of me.

‘He must have taken off all my clothes, because the room was freezing that night so I had gone to sleep with all my clothes on.

‘When I realised what was happening I just tensed up and froze. I was thinking “Oh my god, what’s happening? That’s not my partner”.

‘The street lamp from outside was shining through a gap in the curtain and I saw his face. It didn’t make any sense. I felt disbelief at what was happening.’

Miss Freeman said she was a very heavy sleeper, and believes this is why she did not wake up as she was undressed. Mr Khan told the court she had touched him in a way that made him think he had the consent of his ‘girlfriend’.

But while he was still on top of her, he stopped abruptly and left the room without saying a word.

Miss Freeman said: ‘My first thought was, “Help, somebody help me”. I grabbed my clothes and ran to the landlord’s bedroom. I said, “Wake up, I’ve been raped”. As I said it, it hit home what had happened and I burst into tears.’

The police were called and Mr Khan was arrested in his girlfriend’s bedroom, where Miss Freeman’s dismantled phone was found in his sock. He told officers he had taken it accidentally as he picked up his clothes.

There was no evidence that Mr Khan used protection, so Miss Freeman faced an excruciating wait to find out if she had contracted any sexually transmitted diseases. She had not.

Miss Freeman, who now runs her own restaurant and lives with her partner and teenage children, said she found it ‘absurd’ and ‘almost laughable’ when she heard about Mr Khan’s defence.

‘To me, it was an open and shut case. He had set out that night to have sex and, when his girlfriend refused, he took it from me instead,’ she said.

She said the verdict made her feel suicidal, adding: ‘It was excruciating telling a jury of strangers what had happened, but I did it because I was sure I would get justice.

‘It has devastated the whole family. My father is heartbroken and my own daughter had to sit through the court case while Khan smirked at her throughout.

‘I feel I have been raped twice – once by him and once by the justice system.’

Her friend Karen Berry, 43, said Miss Freeman had ‘changed completely’, adding:

‘She is a shell of her former self. She tries to be strong but then you see she has a vacant look in her eyes or she breaks down. It will stay with her forever.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1363964/How-man-cleared-raping-thought-I-BRUNETTE-girlfriend.html#ixzz1FxRtRexv

The chap in question was cleared of rape by a jury.

Whatever evidence was heard during the trial the jury believed him , and therefore did not convict him. Injustice maybe, but the women in question should have insisted the CPS appeal the conviction and not publicize the fact that 'actually' the chap is guilty, just not in the eyes of the law.

It's a shocking turn of events for all men not convicted of rape.

How did he undress her without waking her up?

First thing I thought. Also the fact she had met him a few times and thought he was 'arrogant' rings bells too. Woman generally find arrogant men attractive.

Now not being there I dont know what happened. However, at a guess, I reckon he got mixed up with rooms OR decided to sneak into this birds room and try it on. She was clearly up for it. However heavy a sleeper you are someone cannot completely undress you without you noticing. Who the ****** is she trying to kid ?! :blink:

They started to have sex and then he realised he wasn't intrested OR realised it was not his bed. Got up and left for the other room. Older bird felt pissed off and used and instead of just getting on with it decided to accuce him of rape instead. However clearly her story does not add up and the jury thought so too.

Again - wasn't there so nobody can be 100% sure. However if my guess at events above is wrong - I would be very surprised.

I dn't know what hotel it was but all the ones I've visited seem to have locks on the doors...

:lol:

Now that is one very good point. Most have wee swipe cards these days too. Even smaller ones.

So this birds allegation was, on the face of it:

Bloke she had a met before gets into her (Most likely locked) room, undressed her completely whilst she is complete, starts to have sex with her for a wee while - until she notices - then he gets up and walks out.

:blink:

How exacly did this even get to a Court ?

PS Of course if this bloke did do this then its a shame on the bird in question and he deserves to do time - however it just seems dodgy as ******.

He worked at the hotel and let himself in.

I would not be defending this man, I can't believe he got away with it.

He never claimed she consented, he claimed he made a mistake. He took her mobile too and made up some **** and bull story about sweeping up with his clothes.

People don't sleep dressed FFS. You dont't have to have someone naked to have sex with them - are you all totally lacking in imagination? You can just push knickers aside even if they are on.! A lot of woman just sleep with a T-Shirt and no underwear anyway. Of course it's possible for someone sleeping heavily not to wake up until someone is having sex with them.

He sounds like a bloody nasty piece of work and I imagine he'll be being abusive to women for many more years to come. His girlfriend was ill and stayed in and didn't want sex. Even if he had thought it was her (which I don't believe), he shouldn't have been jumping on her asleep.

He never claimed she consented, he claimed he made a mistake. He took her mobile too and made up some **** and bull story about sweeping up with his clothes.

People don't sleep dressed FFS. You dont't have to have someone naked to have sex with them - are you all totally lacking in imagination? You can just push knickers aside even if they are on.! A lot of woman just sleep with a T-Shirt and no underwear anyway. Of course it's possible for someone sleeping heavily not to wake up until someone is having sex with them.

He sounds like a bloody nasty piece of work and I imagine he'll be being abusive to women for many more years to come. His girlfriend was ill and stayed in and didn't want sex. Even if he had thought it was her (which I don't believe), he shouldn't have been jumping on her asleep.

You must have missed this bit. ALL MY CLOTHES ON. Just how did he undress her then?

'He must have taken off all my clothes, because the room was freezing that night so I had gone to sleep with all my clothes on.

Methinks both parties ratarsed.

:lol:

Let us have competition. We get random people and put this to the test.

You still confident of your assertion..:rolleyes:

There's a website that shows sexual intercourse while the woman is asleep. no link.

There is a website :o

Not gonna go looking for that I may get arrested !!

Anyway the point is for 99.999999999999999999999% of the adult perfectly healthy normal population you cannot just undress them and start having sex with them without them noticing.

There is a website :o

Not gonna go looking for that I may get arrested !!

Anyway the point is for 99.999999999999999999999% of the adult perfectly healthy normal population you cannot just undress them and start having sex with them without them noticing.

But she did notice, it may have taken a couple of minutes, but she clearly did realise what was going on before he was able to realise he was "having sex with the wrong person". It is possible for it to take a while for a man or a woman to wake up while being "stimulated" shall we say while asleep. Usually they wake up pretty quickly, but if they were in a very deep sleep it might take a couple of minutes for them to wake up. He certainly should have realised he was having sex with the wrong person before she had a chance to wake up if you ask me!

A couple of minutes would be all it would take to remove a pair of jeans or pyjama bottoms and start the process of doing the deed. Now I'm pretty sure if I tried a similar move on my girlfriend she'd wake up pretty quickly, but there might be the odd time where if I'd judged her to be in a deep sleep I'd be able to "get started" shall we say before she was properly awake.

The locked door thing definitely cast some doubt on the woman's story, as most hotel doors these days do auto-lock. However the fact this guy worked in the hotel would seem to point the finger back at him.

The thing that surprises me is that he managed to escape a rape charge when he has fully accepted he initiated intercourse without consent. His excuse is basically "I was too drunk" to know what I was doing. The thing about the girlfriend/stranger is a bit of a red herring in my eyes. In the eyes of the law it would have been the same crime for him to do this to his girlfriend, as it's clearly non-consensual to start getting it on with someone who is asleep.

I also wonder how he would have fared in court if he had accidentally stumbled into a bed where a 15year old girl was sleeping...

But she did notice, it may have taken a couple of minutes, but she clearly did realise what was going on before he was able to realise he was "having sex with the wrong person". It is possible for it to take a while for a man or a woman to wake up while being "stimulated" shall we say while asleep. Usually they wake up pretty quickly, but if they were in a very deep sleep it might take a couple of minutes for them to wake up. He certainly should have realised he was having sex with the wrong person before she had a chance to wake up if you ask me!

A couple of minutes would be all it would take to remove a pair of jeans or pyjama bottoms and start the process of doing the deed. Now I'm pretty sure if I tried a similar move on my girlfriend she'd wake up pretty quickly, but there might be the odd time where if I'd judged her to be in a deep sleep I'd be able to "get started" shall we say before she was properly awake.

The locked door thing definitely cast some doubt on the woman's story, as most hotel doors these days do auto-lock. However the fact this guy worked in the hotel would seem to point the finger back at him.

The thing that surprises me is that he managed to escape a rape charge when he has fully accepted he initiated intercourse without consent. His excuse is basically "I was too drunk" to know what I was doing. The thing about the girlfriend/stranger is a bit of a red herring in my eyes. In the eyes of the law it would have been the same crime for him to do this to his girlfriend, as it's clearly non-consensual to start getting it on with someone who is asleep.

I also wonder how he would have fared in court if he had accidentally stumbled into a bed where a 15year old girl was sleeping...

She SAID she noticed. Nobody excpet her and the bloke actually know what happened. Which is why I think convictions in these sort of cases are fraught with all sort of dangers. Not saying blokes should get off with it - but the alternative is putting them in jail for 10 years based on one persons words and the opinions - nothing else - of a jury. Not an easy thing and no simple answer.

As for the excuse ? Well this could be a perfect example of the Law of unintended consequences.

Was the Law not recently changed so that a man could be charged with rape - even if a woman consented ? As if she was in such a drunk state then she could not give her consent so she could withdraw it and the original 'consent' was reduced to meaningless.

Would this maybe not work exactly the same with the other side of the coin ? I was so drunk I didnt know I was raping her I thought it was someone else ?

Sounds a bit mental and all - however if equal rights are to be equal across everything. Well the 'I was drunk so I cannot be held responsible for what I did' excuse - has to be made available to both males and females surely.....

Sounds a bit mental and all - however if equal rights are to be equal across everything. Well the 'I was drunk so I cannot be held responsible for what I did' excuse - has to be made available to both males and females surely.....

If that is accepted as a reason for no conviction, the courts and prisons would be very quiet places indeed... :ph34r:

If that is accepted as a reason for no conviction, the courts and prisons would be very quiet places indeed... :ph34r:

Indeed. But they have already introduced it for alleged rape victims. They cannot exactly pick and choose who gets the 'I was drunk I should not be held responsible for what happened' excuse - can they ?

You either accept that what you do when drunk is up to you- or you do not. There is no picking and choosing IMO. That is just quite ridiculous.

Its not me that makes up these nonsense Laws. :rolleyes:

Was the Law not recently changed so that a man could be charged with rape - even if a woman consented ? As if she was in such a drunk state then she could not give her consent so she could withdraw it and the original 'consent' was reduced to meaningless.

Nah what happened is one case set a precedent about this, then several other cases set their own precedents and overode this case as other jurors considered it and thought the precedent set before wasn't really good enough.

I can see why because beer goggles can seriously impair your judgement! While men wake up and try knaw their arm off after sleeping with a swamp donkey.

Nah what happened is one case set a precedent about this, then several other cases set their own precedents and overode this case as other jurors considered it and thought the precedent set before wasn't really good enough.

I can see why because beer goggles can seriously impair your judgement! While men wake up and try knaw their arm off after sleeping with a swamp donkey.

Nah I am 99% certain in Scotland this is now Law. Will have a google. I think it may be UK wide too.

Read it and weep.

Jock new sex laws

"The Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act defines consent and allows one party to withdraw it at any stage, whether they initially gave consent or not."

"Sandy Brindley, national co-ordinator for Rape Crisis Scotland, has welcomed the changes, particularly clarification of what is meant by consensual sex. "Another really important area the law looks at in terms of consent is whether someone is too drunk to consent to sex," she said.

"I think this is where the law has a really important educational function."

So there you have it. A woman can use the excuse of being very drunk to negate anything she said or consented too. This actually really angers me. It is ******ing disgusting.

So there you have it. A woman can use the excuse of being very drunk to negate anything she said or consented too. This actually really angers me. It is ******ing disgusting.

Right thats it I'm starting a new business of consent cards which are bundled in each condom, they require a thumb print and a signature.

MRs Loo, and My friends will confirm this, that wives have a sixth sense about when a stray arm moves in for a feel...they may not even wake up but the Karate chop to the forearm is well placed, painful and dispensed long before the stray arm can find a target on the sleeping wifely form.

This woman apparently failed to wake up when the drunken man crashed her room, unwrapped and undressed her, climbed into bed and did the deed.

This story stinks of lies and of course, the evidence was tested by a jury.

Read it and weep.

Jock new sex laws

"The Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act defines consent and allows one party to withdraw it at any stage, whether they initially gave consent or not."

"Sandy Brindley, national co-ordinator for Rape Crisis Scotland, has welcomed the changes, particularly clarification of what is meant by consensual sex. "Another really important area the law looks at in terms of consent is whether someone is too drunk to consent to sex," she said.

"I think this is where the law has a really important educational function."

new law?

FFFFFF

the felonious fracking of a female using force, fear or fraud.....its been the law for a long time.

Right thats it I'm starting a new business of consent cards which are bundled in each condom, they require a thumb print and a signature.

I don't think we are far from that. I have said for a good few years now - I guarantee famous footballers are told by their clubs to get video consent of one night stands these days. Following on from the many recent rape stories going around.

new law?

FFFFFF

the felonious fracking of a female using force, fear or fraud.....its been the law for a long time.

Yes but now it is written in black and white - adn they have the Police and Judges to help them along. Great. Just great. :(

I don't think we are far from that. I have said for a good few years now - I guarantee famous footballers are told by their clubs to get video consent of one night stands these days. Following on from the many recent rape stories going around.

Yes but now it is written in black and white - adn they have the Police and Judges to help them along. Great. Just great. :(

Thankfully I don't qualify as human anymore and sex doesn't really bother me too much. I get my kicks from doing other things.