House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shipbuilder

Uk Is The World's Second Most Popular Country

Would UK citizens agree? :lol:

Yahoo News

I think the Germans have just about got it right with the balance of culture, industry, and commerce. So good for them. I was slighlty surprised to read in that Yahoo story that "f the 27 countries polled, 24 lean positive towards the UK while two, Pakistan and Mexico, have overall negative views of the UK. " given that so many Pakistanis seem to want to live here!

I guess the Mexicans are cheesed off at our ancestors putting the Yanks above them in North America! And james May's 'witticisms', etc.

I think the Germans have just about got it right with the balance of culture, industry, and commerce. So good for them. I was slighlty surprised to read in that Yahoo story that "f the 27 countries polled, 24 lean positive towards the UK while two, Pakistan and Mexico, have overall negative views of the UK. " given that so many Pakistanis seem to want to live here!

I guess the Mexicans are cheesed off at our ancestors putting the Yanks above them in North America! And james May's 'witticisms', etc.

What about German comedy?

The mexicans are obviously because of Clarkson. The pakistanis, not sure. Most of them live here, maybe thats why they hate us.

Looks like a fickle public opinion thingy though. Just getting rid of Gordon Browns ugly miserable mug as figurehead probably put us up 20 points.

I counter that with Michael Schumacher.

By all accounts he seems to be a good laugh and loves bevvy, birds and football. Oh and driving fast cars.

What about German comedy?

Having been to Germany numerous times - I have to say this is pretty unfair on them. Germans are generally pretty funny people.