House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FreeTrader

New M P C Member Announced

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/press_30_11.htm

The Chancellor today announced that Ben Broadbent has been appointed to succeed Andrew Sentance as external member on the Monetary Policy Committee. The appointment will take effect on 1 June 2011.

The Chancellor said:

“I am delighted that Ben Broadbent has agreed to join the Monetary Policy Committee. His broad professional experience in the financial sector and academia, as well as his detailed knowledge of the UK economy, will be extremely valuable to the Committee.”

More likely this chap http://www.linkedin....bent/14/7b8/260 fresh from the lair the the giant squid

Yup.

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/press_30_11.htm

1. Ben Broadbent has been Senior European Economist at Goldman Sachs since 2000 and Managing Director since 2006. He was formerly Assistant Professor at Columbia University and has worked at H.M. Treasury and the Bank of England. He has a PhD from Harvard University, where he was a Fulbright Scholar, and a first-class honours degree from Cambridge University.

Passed caring about interest rates any more. Though i reckon he will vote for a hold straight away. I have faith in the BOE and that they will royally ****** this up big time and need to lift further and quicker.

At least now Merv will have a direct hotline to God (assuming he didn't previously).

seriously can we please have a riot soon? I'm probably the least likely person on earth to want to go protesting or something but I can't take anymore. Just name the date I'm there.

Guest sillybear2

seriously can we please have a riot soon? I'm probably the least likely person on earth to want to go protesting or something but I can't take anymore. Just name the date I'm there.

You'd seriously take to your camel for this sort of thing? Who cares.

People aren't supposed to think like that.

Coronation Street, Eastenders and the X Factor obviously aren't on TV enough.

You want to protest against the central bank employing a banker?

You want to protest against the central bank employing a banker?

If only the populous would put 2 and 2 together this guy would be hounded out of his new office before he started - BTW how "bought" does this make Osborne look?

..his detailed knowledge of the UK economy, will be extremely valuable to the Committee.”

Obviously recruited to fill a massive long term void in that knowledge.

Edited by billybong