House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dammfoolman

The Spanish Government Has Launched A Direct Appeal To Britons To Help Kick-Start Spain’S Faltering Economy

The Spanish government has launched a direct appeal to Britons to help kick-start Spain’s faltering economy by buying some of the country’s 700,000 unsold houses.

http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/SpanishBusinessNews/4954/spanish-housing-minister-appeals-to-british-buyers-to-return.aspx

:lol:

[11:20 edit]

Beatriz Corredor, the Spanish housing secretary, promised new planning laws to end the confusion which has led to some British home owners being ordered to knock down their properties deemed to have been illegally built.

“Come here calmly, and trust in the system that we have and the transparency we provide,” she said.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Plan also discussed on R5 Live "Up all Night" (around 3 hours 45 mins)http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00z695g#synopsis

Sounds like the Spanish Property Scandal chickens are about to come home to roost! :lol:

Edited by dammfoolman

Robin Barton, 65, has lived in Villamartin for 10 years, and sitting outside The Stray Sod Irish bar, he said it would take more than a slick marketing campaign and technical changes in the law to bring back the British and end falling prices.

Maybe all those tens of thousands emigrating to get away from the collapse in Ireland will buy up spare Spanish stuff.

A Spanish appeal to English entrepreneurs may have been more successfull.

'Come to Spain to kick-start the all-day-breakfast-cafe led recovery !'

:rolleyes:

It was all based on toasted club sandwiches and a few criminals spending their booty on the costas. Perhaps if the bankers want to retire there............................................................................................................................................But of course no one should poison their sandwiches......................

Well, if prices had actually been falling, and banks were selling, id be buying.

they havent, they arent and I am therefore...not.

Well, if prices had actually been falling, and banks were selling, id be buying.

No, no - you're meant to buy to stop prices falling. Try and keep up Bloo...

....the prices are still way too high taking everything into consideration......how much would they have to be before you would buy, what and where?

Spain is one place where renting does pay. ;)

Yup - my brother in law moved into a penthouse in Madrid last year on an great deal from Santander (5 year contract where rent couldn't go up more than the official rate of inflation and only he could break the contract early with no penalties). He just found a similar penthouse nearby going for a few hundred euros/month less so he's moving there instead. He can just pick and choose.

Yup - my brother in law moved into a penthouse in Madrid last year on an great deal from Santander (5 year contract where rent couldn't go up more than the official rate of inflation and only he could break the contract early with no penalties). He just found a similar penthouse nearby going for a few hundred euros/month less so he's moving there instead. He can just pick and choose.

Cool.....I like Madrid. ;)

....the prices are still way too high taking everything into consideration......how much would they have to be before you would buy, what and where?

sorry tomandlu, sometimes I just cant see the door for the curtains.

as to what I would go for.?....well, something nice enough to live in and cheap enough to leave some living money over...

about 50K would be good....but I think that still only gets you a one bed holiday room.

I quite fancy Fuerteventura, but even though the place is riddled with ghost estates, agents still seem to be asking 80-100K for a hotel room type apartment.

taste buds curious....any links?

sorry tomandlu, sometimes I just cant see the door for the curtains.

as to what I would go for.?....well, something nice enough to live in and cheap enough to leave some living money over...

about 50K would be good....but I think that still only gets you a one bed holiday room.

I quite fancy Fuerteventura, but even though the place is riddled with ghost estates, agents still seem to be asking 80-100K for a hotel room type apartment.

£50k should get you more than a one bed room, even now......think of the cost of fuel/ future cost of fuel, what airport you will use and how popular with airlines, the distance and transport from airport...... I would still rent first before you buy.... ;)

£50k should get you more than a one bed room, even now......think of the cost of fuel/ future cost of fuel, what airport you will use and how popular with airlines, the distance and transport from airport...... I would still rent first before you buy.... ;)

Oh noes...if I buy there, thats where Ill live.

Oh noes...if I buy there, thats where Ill live.

The island of Formentera near Ibiza was nice 25 years ago the long sandy beaches were deserted and the water is clear and warm.......things change. ;)