House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Captured Sas Had "issues Of Freedom"

Reminds me of some French minister complaining about the criticism France was getting for some nuclear tests several years ago. He said (something like, I'm going on memory here) "It is not a bomb. I do not like the word 'bomb'. It is a device which is exploding."

We may have trained some of them :lol:

12 Sep 2009

The SAS has been training Libyan special forces despite Colonel Muammar Gaddafi’s regime having supplied arms to the IRA, it was reported today.

Britain’s elite regiment has been passing on skills to its Libyan counterparts for the past six months, The Daily Telegraph reported.

SAS sources told the newspaper they are unhappy with the arrangement, which they believe could be connected to the release of Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi last month.

They are also angry at being ordered to train soldiers from a country that provided the IRA with weapons used against British troops during the Troubles in Northern Ireland.

An SAS source said: “A small SAS training team have been doing it for the last six months as part of this cosy deal with the Libyans.

“From our perspective we cannot see it as part of anything else other than the Megrahi deal.”

Another SAS soldier said: “The IRA was our greatest adversary - now we are training their backers. There was a weary rolling of the eyes when we were told about this.”

Robin Horsfall, a former SAS soldier who took part in the Iranian Embassy siege in 1980 and fought the IRA in Northern Ireland, said: “There is a long list of British soldiers who have died because of Gaddafi funding terrorists.

“The SAS is being ordered to do something it knows is morally wrong.”

The Ministry of Defence does not comment on special forces activities.

It is believed the first moves towards setting up the training agreement were begun after Tony Blair visited Libya as Prime Minister in 2004.

The deal was only finalised and “signed off” by Gordon Brown this year, the newspaper said.

There is also the 'issue' of the loss of a much-needed helicopter.

BTW how 'speshul' does a Speshul Boat Service need to be to use a helicopter instead of a boat?

To be honest if they are operating in a desert a boat isn't much use. Although as the rebels said if we wanted to talk why not ask for permission to land at the airport and avoid all this hassle.

To be honest if they are operating in a desert a boat isn't much user. Although as the rebels said if we wanted to talk why not ask for permission to land at the airport and avoid all this hassle.

"Using the SBS in a boat is a fiendishly cunning plan, Major Carruthers, but there is one small flaw..."

Perhaps, one day in the distant future, the files on this incident will be open to the public.

Then we will know what really happened.

On the face of it, some farmers captured SBS men!!!!

Pull the other one.

Perhaps, one day in the distant future, the files on this incident will be open to the public.

Then we will know what really happened.

On the face of it, some farmers captured SBS men!!!!

Pull the other one.

If, as we are led to believe, they were there on a diplomatic mission fighting their way out would have been counter productive.

Baffling comments in this thread.

If, as we are led to believe, they were there on a diplomatic mission fighting their way out would have been counter productive.

Baffling comments in this thread.

Sounds more like the insertion of a covert team to aid the rebels. Gaddaffi got wind of it (That's why they bugged the Ambassadors phone) so a spoiling operation was put into place.

Sounds more like the insertion of a covert team to aid the rebels. Gaddaffi got wind of it (That's why they bugged the Ambassadors phone) so a spoiling operation was put into place.

Or they were inserted to assist Gaddafi airstrikes.....

Notice how reticent the US is over establishing a no-fly? Feet are being dragged... time is being given to Gaddafi to put his house in order...

I mean ... do we REALLY think the US and other powers will sit by while ordinary people anywhere rise up against the Elites??

That would set a precedent... maybe give people ideas....

Can't have that.

Reminds me of some French minister complaining about the criticism France was getting for some nuclear tests several years ago. He said (something like, I'm going on memory here) "It is not a bomb. I do not like the word 'bomb'. It is a device which is exploding."

Sounds like Inspector Clouseau.

Or they were inserted to assist Gaddafi airstrikes.....

Notice how reticent the US is over establishing a no-fly? Feet are being dragged... time is being given to Gaddafi to put his house in order...

I mean ... do we REALLY think the US and other powers will sit by while ordinary people anywhere rise up against the Elites??

That would set a precedent... maybe give people ideas....

Can't have that.

AAAAANNND what a surprise - EU leaders also reject a no-fly zone...

How much money would anyone care to bet that once the smoke clears and Gaddafi and sons are back on top that the BP deal in the desert is torn up thanks to Cameroons retoric and a new deal is signed with a US oil company????

How much money would anyone care to bet that once the smoke clears and Gaddafi and sons are back on top that the BP deal in the desert is torn up thanks to Cameroons retoric and a new deal is signed with a US oil company????

I'd wager a couple of Injin dollars.