House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott Sando

Crowd Identity Map (Unbelievable Technology)

Crowd Identity MAP

(Unbelievable Technology)

You used to be able to get lost in the crowd, but not anymore. Double click on any area in the picture to bring the person closer. Or, just click the mouse and use the mouse wheel to bring them closer.

Here

This is a photograph of 2009 Obama Inauguration. You can see IN FOCUS the face of EACH individual in the crowd !!!

You can scan and zoom to any section of the crowd. . . wait a few seconds.

Double click anywhere and double click again and perhaps again. The focus adjusts to give you a very identifiable close up.

The picture was taken with a robotic 1474 megapixel camera (295 times the standard 5 megapixel camera).

Every one attending could be scanned after the event, should something have gone wrong during it.

If it did stop them photoshopping the Obama assassination, it wouldn't stop the conspiracy theorists claiming it ... :wacko:

This is what you can do with a GigaPixel camera - of course you need either a damn fine lens or a scrolling viewing angle as you take the shot.

We'll see a lot more of this stuff over the coming years, but needless to say the image file is massive and the trick is just sending the pixels for the area of interest.

Presumably people will start wearing disguises, masks, etc.

Doubtless, someone will invent some sort of disruption shield that prevents this sort of technology from getting an accurate picture of your face. All in time.

Its called deep zoom, and anyone can do it. Its not unbelievable, it just involves lots of photos that have been stitched together. You take lots of photos over a period of time and you join them all together into a massive picture. Woo scary... The more photos you take the bigger and deeper you can make the picture

It was taken by this photographer, who is a photographer, this blog post explains why he took it. Its just a photo by an independent photographer

http://www.davidberg...ugural-address/

My final photo is made up of 220 Canon G10 images and the file is 59,783 X 24,658 pixels or 1,474 megapixels. It took more than six and a half hours for the Gigapan software to put together all of the images on my Macbook Pro and the completed TIF file is almost 2 gigabytes.

where did you find the phrase Crowd Identity Map? Is it something you read or just invented?

And if you zoom into the top of the building in the background, you will see 4 men. Obviously one is Lee Harvey Oswald!

Am I the only one missing the part where it identifies the crowd?

Looks similar to the technology used in 'Google Street View' / 'Google Earth' to me.

where did you find the phrase Crowd Identity Map? Is it something you read or just invented?

If you Google for Crowd Identity MAP it comes up with lots of sites that you probably want to keep well away from.

Also, check out the alien observer:

153qk8z.png

Presumably people will start wearing disguises, masks, etc.

Doubtless, someone will invent some sort of disruption shield that prevents this sort of technology from getting an accurate picture of your face. All in time.

This sort of technology almost makes me support wearing a yashmak

This is what you can do with a GigaPixel camera - of course you need either a damn fine lens or a scrolling viewing angle as you take the shot.

And you can bet that at least one person will have their eyes closed.

I'm off to save up for a ten terabyte SD card.

And you can bet that at least one person will have their eyes closed.

I'm off to save up for a ten terabyte SD card.

Save? All you need is time!

It was only in the '90s I was working on a hundred-thousand-squid supercomputer. With an amazing half a gig of memory and the biggest hard disc in existence at 9Gb. A whole lot more expensive than a house!

Go back a bit further, I recollect back in 1983 having to 'phone the operators to clear us to run any job requiring more than 2Kb (yes, kilobytes) of core memory. OK, that mainframe was overdue retirement even then, but it helps add perspective!

Such tech is the reason for the hoodie. In the future as it was in the past. Soon we will all go about like cowled monks in order to avoid monitoring.

I have to add to the 'big deal' crowd here; in 10 years we will have multi-Terapixel cameras on mobile phones. We are already going past the marginal utility point of this type of technology IMO, in the same way there is no point having more than 16.7 million colours in an image.

Oh for the heady days of CGA. I remember being excited that a new PC had a wopping 1mb Cirrus Logic display card. VESA heaven!

Save? All you need is time!

It was only in the '90s I was working on a hundred-thousand-squid supercomputer. With an amazing half a gig of memory and the biggest hard disc in existence at 9Gb. A whole lot more expensive than a house!

Go back a bit further, I recollect back in 1983 having to 'phone the operators to clear us to run any job requiring more than 2Kb (yes, kilobytes) of core memory. OK, that mainframe was overdue retirement even then, but it helps add perspective!

One of the machines I maintain at the moment has 256gb Ram and 24 cores. It cost 17k before adding any kind of storage solution, etc and I can well imagine that'll be the spec of my iPhone 20 in under 10 years. Amazing when you think about the pace of IT!