House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
downs523

When You Sell Your Silver/gold What Will Yo Do With The Proceeds?

Just wondering what you guys will do when you sell your silver or gold collection with the proceeds? As my stack is only at 200 oz silver I think when I sell it will go towards a deposit for a new house, maybe in 3-5 years. But who knows... Depends how high it goes.....

Just wondering what you guys will do when you sell your silver or gold collection with the proceeds? As my stack is only at 200 oz silver I think when I sell it will go towards a deposit for a new house, maybe in 3-5 years. But who knows... Depends how high it goes.....

As I only got my shiny yellow's in anticipation of a S.H.T.F type situation , I intend to don my tin foil hat and go and spunk it (literally) on hookers (as many as possible at the same time) & booze . I fully intend to shuffle off this mortal coil with a satisfied post-coital grin on my face B)

Eventually one will be able to use silver coins to buy things (indeed, you can already in numerous places around the world). Gold will be for saving and silver for spending.

Edited by Errol

I hope, I really hope, that it won't be me doing the spending, but my heirs and successors. If however, I can swap the gold for other investments at the bottom of a depression, then I'll have even more to leave them.

Perhaps the people pulling the strings of the Government already intend to allow a double-dip recession. Or is my tinfoil showing under the brim of my trilby?

Trade for stimpacks.

:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously hope that isn't the case, took me 160 hours to complete Fallout 3, that was enough for one lifetime, don't want to be going back there!

As for me, I'm hoping to trade my mine for dirt cheap property when everyone is loving gold and it's sky high and hating property and it's at rock bottom, then it's easy rental yield while laying on a sunny beach for the rest of my days (presuming Mark Wadsworth doesn't get his beloved LVT introduced to scupper my plans!). Yes, that's right, I plan to become a hated Landlord, suck it up HPCers!!! :D

Edited by General Congreve

Gonna swap it for a house as they simultaneously hit the top and bottom. I thought that was the whole point of this forum...

Nobody knows for sure how things are going to play out in the next five years.

But the main thing is that I have precious metals and I am not afraid to use them should the occasion arise.

I'm going to buy a massive house with land which I could only have dreamed of buying a few years ago with cash to spare providing gold and silver continue to rise (and they will as long as negative real interest rates are prevailing).

Edited by Kazuya

I'm going to buy a massive house with land which I could only have dreamed of buying a few years ago with cash to spare providing gold and silver continue to rise (and they will as long as negative real interest rates are prevailing).

Me too. Still, there will be enough massive houses with land for us both to have our pick, I'm sure. :)

I'm going to call the house 'Aurum' - seriously!

Silver as an industrial comdity, with such massive industrial use, would it not be fair to say that this will become obsolete because they will find a cheaper alternative for silver as the price goes up. This is what I would be worried about.

Silver as an industrial comdity, with such massive industrial use, would it not be fair to say that this will become obsolete because they will find a cheaper alternative for silver as the price goes up. This is what I would be worried about.

Just like they've done with oil???

Just like they've done with oil???

Big oil just buys out any alternatives to keep their huge profits.

I don't think silver has the same circumstances.