House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OLDFTB

Property Developing Thread

......the year and month the following advice was given in another Web property forum:

"Re: Property Development

Posted: xx xxx xxxx 05:51 PM

Lorna,

There are a lot of charlatans in the property investment advice field, so make sure you know who you are dealing with.

As a general economic comment, don’t forget to factor into you planning that in general rental yields are falling fast in many areas (both due to increasing house prices and lower gross rental values due to over supply of let property) , and interest rates due to rise by at least a full 1% in the next 12 months according to most commentators.

If you need some tax advice pre investing, please let me know. This is something I deal with a lot, and can help you plan around the common errors that seem to get ignored in the property forums which seem to be built around an unshaken assumption that house prices will keep on rising at 10-20% per annum. I don’t mean to downbeat, but I am getting a lot of people coming through now who have got burnt, especially those trying to do rennovations for example."

Have a read and see what you think.

I don’t mean to downbeat, but I am getting a lot of people coming through now who have got burnt, especially those trying to do rennovations for example."

Have a read and see what you think.

Yeah, and they may have been really bad carpenters as well as really bad financial and investment planners :lol::lol::lol: