House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

Inside The Home Kate Moss Can't Sell: What's Putting Buyers Off – The Flooding? Location? Or Is It The Jungle-Themed Living Room?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1363408/Inside-home-Kate-Moss-sell-Whats-putting-buyers--flooding-Location-Or-jungle-themed-living-room.html

It is the house that Kate Moss considers jinxed, after a series of mishaps that culminated in a £100,000 flood.

And now the supermodel is finding it near impossible to sell her sprawling London mansion – even at a £1 million loss.

She has slashed the asking price on the five-bedroom property to £7 million after receiving little interest from would-be buyers, but has still received no offers.

How upsetting.

Poor Freddie flintoff had to sell for less than he bought for in 2005 also.

Sounds like she paid too much for it at the very height of the market. And then spent even more money doing it up in a way no one else likes.

Yep, this is another mug punter trying to unload. Who really cares anyway.

Or the fact that they forgot to put a door between the ensuite bathroom and the bedroom.

Spotted that too. I would have thought that some doors would be a good idea to at least contain the 'smells'...let alone the privacy issue. :blink:

This may sound crazy, in fact I'm sure the Mail would have thought of it before an oik like me ............but..............

Could somehow the price be the reason it's not selling. I know it's bonkers, but let's just say she was asking for price X and only being offered price X - 1.

Therefore - and get this - X > X-1.

This is the really insane bit - if she then set the asking price to X - 1 (ie approximating the bid price) my equation starts tp look like THIS

X - 1 = X -1

I'm no maths whizz, so apologies if I'm missing something ovious here!!

This may sound crazy, in fact I'm sure the Mail would have thought of it before an oik like me ............but..............

Could somehow the price be the reason it's not selling. I know it's bonkers, but let's just say she was asking for price X and only being offered price X - 1.

Therefore - and get this - X > X-1.

This is the really insane bit - if she then set the asking price to X - 1 (ie approximating the bid price) my equation starts tp look like THIS

X - 1 = X -1

I'm no maths whizz, so apologies if I'm missing something obvious here!!

Cheeez! You need to be Carole Vorderman to understand this! You've lost me, Prof - that's for sure!

Great spot!

I used to live (very briefly) around the corner from here. The high rise council flats were predominantly filled by Somali immigrants and the "nicer" houses towards St. Johns Wood were largely inhabited by Russian "businessmen". The local gasto-pub had a noticeable contingent of prostitutes there to meet the Russians. Basically, the area seems to be where the sad meet the sleazy.

I don't get the connection. That house is in Camden Town. The article mentions the house as being in St. Johns Wood. What's the connection? :unsure:

Incredible if true. I wonder how much Ms Moss has earned in he working life, yet the article suggests that she cannot move until this is sold.

Anyhoo, who cares.

Yes

I thought that .

There are all different figures banded about when it comes to her earnings did read one that stated last year she earnt £12M. Her earnings have risen well since she became cocaine Kate.

I don't get the connection. That house is in Camden Town. The article mentions the house as being in St. Johns Wood. What's the connection? :unsure:

That's the house (or it is if you look the other way on streetview). The estate agents list it on Greville Rd, but most of the frontage is on Mortimer Crescent. The area is in Camden borough council area, which is why Google has it labeled as such.

Well, no one's said anything so far, but looking at the first photo I'm afraid I just have to come right out with it : What the hell happened to her face?

Got Dayum. :(

That's the house (or it is if you look the other way on streetview). The estate agents list it on Greville Rd, but most of the frontage is on Mortimer Crescent. The area is in Camden borough council area, which is why Google has it labeled as such.

ok, thanks.

Well, no one's said anything so far, but looking at the first photo I'm afraid I just have to come right out with it : What the hell happened to her face?

Got Dayum. :(

Drink, Drugs, Smokes, Sun , late nights , not enough food , all have well taken their toll on her boat race , Im surprised that she still earns anything as a model. A few years back there was a pic off her on holdiay that the press took . They got right up close and she had no make up on , she looked like she was 50 + . It is amazing what make up, lights and cameras can do.

Yeah. Could you make that a bit simpler?

:)

"iamdamosuzuki" just said that Moss had an offer, and now she will set the new asking price at exactly the same as the offer she has had already. Which puzzled iamdamosuzuki (IADS ?)

I guess coz IADS thinks Moss could just accept the offer? I couldn't bother to read the whole news, sorry, but I guess Moss is chasing the market downwards, and the offer is gone?

Edited by Tired of Waiting

Drink, Drugs, Smokes, Sun , late nights , not enough food , all have well taken their toll on her boat race , Im surprised that she still earns anything as a model. A few years back there was a pic off her on holdiay that the press took . They got right up close and she had no make up on , she looked like she was 50 + . It is amazing what make up, lights and cameras can do.

Kates' cleaners must have been dusting the attic that day, and knocked over her portrait ..

Link to 2009 Daily Heil article

article-1205765-060730CE000005DC-254_306x423.jpg

article-1205765-01FF41F500000578-972_306x423.jpg