Sign in to follow this  
paulthepunk

Silver Chart (Future) Discuss

Hi all,

Was up early this morning so........

Any thoughts welcome!

Regards,

Paul.

That's an ace graph, and I was thinking even more aggressively...

US Mint out of silver here

Austrian mint rationing silver, also here

Canadian mint out of silver, here

Perth mint struggling, here, and no ETA for Australian bullion from e.g. BullionbyPost

COMEX losing silver, here

JPMorgan now accepting bullion as collateral, but specifically excluding ETFs (yes, think twice about that !), also here

Bullion by Post Out of Stock of all silver bars and half their range of coins. Remaining coins are up to £40/oz (approx $65/oz), here

And another half dozen strong reasons, here, including increasing backwardation and premia payable on the COMEX for actual silver rather than a futures contract

[edited to remove that backwardation curve, because to anyone not knowing what they're looking at, it looks like falling silver prices. Still available at the last link, though]

Edited by BlinkTooFast

Thanks BlinkTooFast,

Very scary when you start looking at % gains on that chart, starts to compound very quickly!!!! :ph34r::D

Regards,

Paul.

Yes. Very :)

How much to read into that comment about JPM accepting bullion but not their own ETFs?

Yes. Very :)

How much to read into that comment about JPM accepting bullion but not their own ETFs?

Talk about giving the game away, they are going to have serious future issues if this is all true!

Perth mint struggling, here, and no ETA for Australian bullion from e.g. BullionbyPost

JPMorgan now accepting bullion as collateral, but specifically excluding ETFs (yes, think twice about that !), also here

Bullion by Post Out of Stock of all silver bars and half their range of coins. Remaining coins are up to £40/oz (approx $65/oz), here

And another half dozen strong reasons, here, including increasing backwardation and premia payable on the COMEX for actual silver rather than a futures contract

[edited to remove that backwardation curve, because to anyone not knowing what they're looking at, it looks like falling silver prices. Still available at the last link, though]

If you have a run to $200 oil we could have panic buying in silver/gold, will we be able to get anymore 6 months from now?

Platinum crashed hard a couple years back so i don't think a short term crash in silver prices is unlikely , especially if they keep going up 10% a month.

pt1825lf_ma.gif

Platinum crashed hard a couple years back so i don't think a short term crash in silver prices is unlikely , especially if they keep going up 10% a month.

pt1825lf_ma.gif

Mm, I think that platinum crash was a combination of the 2008 stockmarket crash, and the start of the credit crunch, and the market realising that industrial demand for platinum will drop if car production drops, and JPM taking the opportunity to flood the market with Pt futures to pull the price down and go unnoticed in the middle of the crash going on around it, and investors/speculators needing to cash in PMs to pay off their margin calls, and all that was before QE started up

Difficult to see how it can happen again, esp. in Ag, with QE around, with people wise to JPM's futures issuing plot, with falling confidence in fiat money, and with a more widely acknowledged physical shortage of PMs.

I can live to be proven wrong...

Mm, I think that platinum crash was a combination of the 2008 stockmarket crash, and the start of the credit crunch, and the market realising that industrial demand for platinum will drop if car production drops, and JPM taking the opportunity to flood the market with Pt futures to pull the price down and go unnoticed in the middle of the crash going on around it, and investors/speculators needing to cash in PMs to pay off their margin calls, and all that was before QE started up

Yes but silver is also mostly used for industrial purposes , something like 80%+.

platinum is also seen as a precious metal , so there is some correlation there , it is possible for the same to happen again.

I am still bullish long term of course , just saying a small leg down like platinum may be possible.

Yep, it's all good, going to be one hell of a moon rocket ride in the not too distant future. Just don't talk about your success on here when it happens, they'll be a lot of faces with some serious egg on them that won't want to discuss it. :lol:

Yep, it's all good, going to be one hell of a moon rocket ride in the not too distant future. Just don't talk about your success on here when it happens, they'll be a lot of faces with some serious egg on them that won't want to discuss it. :lol:

Whats the bets gold/silverbugs become part of the axis of evil?

Whats the bets gold/silverbugs become part of the axis of evil?

As said when the SHTF happens they'll simply seize it. I.e kick down the doors of Chards or Weighton and lookup their records. They will then come and kick down your door.

I very much doubt they will accept I've sold it or gotten rid of it. The government agency will torture you for a few days keeping you in constant agony until you reveal where your stash happens to be. When you reveal it, then it gets worse because of the torturers paradox. I.e. you've hidden one batch then there must be more.

You recon you can stand up to torture for more than a few hours?

As said when the SHTF happens they'll simply seize it. I.e kick down the doors of Chards or Weighton and lookup their records. They will then come and kick down your door.

I very much doubt they will accept I've sold it or gotten rid of it. The government agency will torture you for a few days keeping you in constant agony until you reveal where your stash happens to be. When you reveal it, then it gets worse because of the torturers paradox. I.e. you've hidden one batch then there must be more.

You recon you can stand up to torture for more than a few hours?

Yes

5c758dee.jpg

Heres the chart plotted with this weeks data, I'm glad the price stayed within the 2010 channel. Who knows what next week is going to do, not me thats for sure!

Regards,

Paul.

Edited by paulthepunk