House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
siskin

Hpcer's Secret Weapon Pyjamas?

Read this letter in the local rag and had to share it.

The Extra March 3rd 2011

Extra letters p12

Pyjama Drama

I have read with interest the war of words waged on your letters page on the subject of wearing pyjamas while walking a dog during the day. Until now I have kept my counsel but I feel that the time has come for me to now put in my tuppence worth. I too have witnessed pyjamas worn in Clarkston during the day and sadly it was not trendy designer wear to which Jackie refers. They were proper jammies which, if their crumpled look was anything to go by, had been worn the night before. While I feel it may be overstating the point to suggest that there is a direct link between such low standards and house sales, I feel that this is just the thin end of the wedge.

If G76 is to maintain its des res status, we will all have to play our part. As someone said "You are either part of the problem or part of the solution" so I would urge that we all make that little effort before stepping out.

The question is will putting twigs in a vase have the power to cancel out the effect of pyjama blight in our once proud suburbs?

Seriously though, it has got me wondering whether all this house price crash waiting is really worth it just to end up living next door to someone like this Hyacinth Bouquet numbskull.

Still it was a good laugh - maybe it was written tongue in cheek by a HPCer.

We need a Harry Hill style fight which is better twigs or pyjamas?

Read this letter in the local rag and had to share it.

Seriously though, it has got me wondering whether all this house price crash waiting is really worth it just to end up living next door to someone like this Hyacinth Bouquet numbskull.

As a resident of Clarkston (renting), I see it as my new mission to wear pyjamas in public at every available opportunity - preferably crumpled ones (which seems to be the final straw for the letter writer).

Yes - unfortunately, many mortgage owners in Clarkston really are that far up their own backsides...