House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

The £220,000 Council Chief Who Has Spent £14,000 Of Taxpayers' Money On Her Own 'coach'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1362884/The-218k-council-chief-spent-12k-taxpayers-money-training-sessions-lifestyle-guru.html

One of the country’s highest-paid council chiefs is spending public money on a leadership adviser to tell her how to do her job.

Andrea Hill, who earns £218,592 a year, has paid out a further £14,188 for lessons in how to ‘liberate herself’ to perform better.

Mrs Hill, chief executive of Suffolk council, has had 23 sessions with a local government ‘professional coach’ who offers to teach skills in ‘leading on the edge of chaos’.

The lessons with Sol Davidson, who claims to teach public sector officials how to ‘reinterpret many of their experiences’, were disclosed as the council makes deep cuts to services.

School crossing patrols and recycling centres are among operations being reduced because the council says it is not possible to make any further savings on management and overheads.

Mr Davidson has also given publicly-funded lessons to council leader Jeremy Pembroke – a Conservative who was paid £32,830 in allowances by Suffolk last year. Each lesson costs £525 an hour plus VAT.

In total Mr Davidson has carried out 53 training sessions for senior council officials at a cost to the authority of nearly £33,000.

His website quotes an unnamed county council chief executive who told him: ‘I never realised that the way leaders think is the strategic issue, not just what we think about.

‘I am very grateful for this realisation. This is the key.’

Surely it's how to liberate herself to trough better?

More charlatan b0110cks to waste taxpayer cash on, if you need help to strategically think better your in the wrong fooking job.

Searching for Sol Davidson helped me find the following:

http://www.localleadership.gov.uk/

Welcome to Local Government Leadership

great leaders great places

It takes great leadership to create a thriving and prosperous community.

We give people the opportunity to shift their thinking on leadership so they can fundamentally transform their communities for the better.

http://www.localleadership.gov.uk/about/

We are passionate about leadership and we want to help and support leaders as they stretch themselves while they reassess their approach to leadership – in practice leading across place rather than just their authorities.

This isn’t always a comfortable experience. Sometimes it means confronting personal or organisational demons that have been previously discounted or swept under the carpet. Sometimes it means thinking beyond the familiar, to find new and different ways of meeting the leadership challenges.

Our role is to create the space for senior managers and politicians to think about the ambitions they have for their communities and how they can achieve them in order to fundamentally transform their localities for the better.

http://www.localleadership.gov.uk/images/Sol%20Davidson.pdf

His work in local government includes coaching the chief executive and

the top team of a large county council over an extended period which

helped them achieve and sustain an excellent CPA rating.

He is currently coaching a new corporate board in a unitary authority

as they endeavour to establish a culture of performance and innovation.

The board are reporting that they are finding it refreshing to have new

ways of thinking and behaving being applied to their decision-making

and ways of working with each other. Performance of the council has

risen from zero to two stars so far.

Sol has also worked with cabinet members and officers of a London

borough to create a shared approach to decision-making and ‘learning

their way forward together’. In this situation the mayor wants to create a

culture of energy and commitment beyond the traditionally low energies

of compliance and frustration. Performance of the council has risen from

zero to one star so far.

http://www.performance-1.co.uk/sol-davidson

Wow one council went from zero to 2 starts. Go Sol....

surely ANYONE could have gone on that course and become as valuable as that leader....oh noes!...but she was ALREADY worth the money....she THEN went on the course....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1362884/The-218k-council-chief-spent-12k-taxpayers-money-training-sessions-lifestyle-guru.html

Surely it's how to liberate herself to trough better?

More charlatan b0110cks to waste taxpayer cash on, if you need help to strategically think better your in the wrong fooking job.

Searching for Sol Davidson helped me find the following:

http://www.localleadership.gov.uk/

http://www.localleadership.gov.uk/about/

http://www.localleadership.gov.uk/images/Sol%20Davidson.pdf

http://www.performance-1.co.uk/sol-davidson

Wow one council went from zero to 2 starts. Go Sol....

So a council that is hoplessly inept still pays its leader £220k as it learns the ropes to get to mediocre level. If the Koalishon stand idly by and allow this to continue they have guaranteed themselves a huge defeat the next GE.

The Somerset trougher on £510k seems to have slipped quietly away with the loot as he robs another council in his capacity as a "consultant."

If the Koalishon stand idly by and allow this to continue they have guaranteed themselves a huge defeat the next GE.

Who will people who are angry at this vote for instead? Labour....?

The councils are a doing a "rubbing their noses in it" job on the cuts - getting rid of frontline services whilst keeping their admin pigs in the trough. If it works it should keep council budgets up more than they should be to allow the head pigs to carry on doing their public service which at this point i time could be summed up as carrying off as much loot as the can from the applied tax pot.

Who will people who are angry at this vote for instead? Labour....?

Sure thing, Milliband was proclaiming at that By Election Victory that the vote proves people are fed up with the cuts, and the loss of spending power they are seeing.

Yer average Goldfish wont remember why these cuts are necessary....he will also forget there havent been any yet.

Good isn't it, you blag, bully and bull shi* your way into a 218 grand job and when you get there it's " Shi* i can't do this, i'd better get some training".

Of course, in the private sector she would be fired out the door but as we know, the private sector wont employ these incompetent tos***s.

Sure thing, Milliband was proclaiming at that By Election Victory that the vote proves people are fed up with the cuts, and the loss of spending power they are seeing.

Yer average Goldfish wont remember why these cuts are necessary....he will also forget there havent been any yet.

And yet the Millipede doesn't tell the public part of the reason why there's a loss of spending power is the BoE currency debasement.

Guest sillybear2

pigs_trough.jpg

£220k? Hrm, that's enough to save a library or two, those little craven piggies would sooner close down every amenity and public service if it meant they could continue their throughing.

These people really don't help themselves (well, that's all they seem to do), they come across every bit as grasping as banksters when it comes to public funds.

Good isn't it, you blag, bully and bull shi* your way into a 218 grand job and when you get there it's " Shi* i can't do this, i'd better get some training".

Of course, in the private sector she would be fired out the door but as we know, the private sector wont employ these incompetent tos***s.

She should go into banking

She should go into banking

I believe that is from whence she came...

She is a BSer of the highest order, one of the new breed of talkers equipped with all the spiel who have largely it seems sidelined the doers and productive people in the UK. Check the bio:

http://www.suffolk.gov.uk/CouncilAndDemocracy/AboutSCC/ChiefExecutive.htm

Visible leadership through major change is mentioned twice - we do love our change, necessary or not (because it's very lucrative, particularly for the aforementioned talkers)! Especially here in Suffolk where it's full steam ahead in handing our services over to the private sector.

Will; be really interesting to see how Arndrea positions herself and her cronies to capitalise on the new paradigm. Share purchases ahead of the award of contracts may prove particularly edifying, as may monitoring of the formation of new companies to provide consultancy services.

The reason there's not much anger at council troughers is that councils ARE the biggest employers in towns. That means so many people are also at it they don't want to rock the boat.

The ones retiring on a fat lump sum don't give a sh&t about how outraged anyone should be about it.

(And they're all in unions who see it as their right for members to have snouts in troughs.. and of course unions are often behind protests against cuts.... they will not bite their own members!)

I believe that is from whence she came...

She is a BSer of the highest order, one of the new breed of talkers equipped with all the spiel who have largely it seems sidelined the doers and productive people in the UK. Check the bio:

http://www.suffolk.g...efExecutive.htm

Visible leadership through major change is mentioned twice - we do love our change, necessary or not (because it's very lucrative, particularly for the aforementioned talkers)! Especially here in Suffolk where it's full steam ahead in handing our services over to the private sector.

Will; be really interesting to see how Arndrea positions herself and her cronies to capitalise on the new paradigm. Share purchases ahead of the award of contracts may prove particularly edifying, as may monitoring of the formation of new companies to provide consultancy services.

Thanks for the link...Line 1:

"acts as the focal point for key partners and organisations working within Suffolk and outside of the county."

this worries me...yes, she should be in touch with suppliers, but she should be overseeing and controlling the public interest....not making herself the very epicentre of operations....this sort of concentration of power certainly will lead to blind spots and a powerless management being unable to control decisions and methods hidden from them from the top..

the view should be the other way round...SHE, helps implement policy and is able to watch out for corruption below.

This really stinks. And its not even hidden from view.

Thanks for the link...Line 1:

"acts as the focal point for key partners and organisations working within Suffolk and outside of the county."

this worries me...yes, she should be in touch with suppliers, but she should be overseeing and controlling the public interest....not making herself the very epicentre of operations....this sort of concentration of power certainly will lead to blind spots and a powerless management being unable to control decisions and methods hidden from them from the top..

the view should be the other way round...SHE, helps implement policy and is able to watch out for corruption below.

This really stinks. And its not even hidden from view.

As soon as I saw the topic I thought it was odds-on to be Eye-favourite public weirdo trougher 'Arndrea' Hill. Public enemy #1 as far as council taxpayers go, she's filled many column inches with her wacky ways but there she still is, raking it in. Unbelievable.

surely ANYONE could have gone on that course and become as valuable as that leader....oh noes!...but she was ALREADY worth the money....she THEN went on the course....

Exactly BL. If she is worth the salary, she shouldn't need to go on the course.

Yep, saw that, pure hypocrisy. The Labour victory is probably a taste of what is to come at the next GE. If the wheels haven't completely come off by then, they sure will when 'moneybags' labour get back in.

So a council that is hoplessly inept still pays its leader £220k as it learns the ropes to get to mediocre level. If the Koalishon stand idly by and allow this to continue they have guaranteed themselves a huge defeat the next GE.

The Somerset trougher on £510k seems to have slipped quietly away with the loot as he robs another council in his capacity as a "consultant."

Doesn't it remind you about the Local 'Authority' abuses in the USA with small town's Mayors and police chiefs on a Million Dollars a yr income with multi-million golden parachutes if they get sacked and all their huge pension and medical insurance premiums paid for life thru the rates by the local country hicks?

Exactly BL. If she is worth the salary, she shouldn't need to go on the course.

It all seems like weird occult/brainwashing/ Common Purpose stuff to me.

They have been making all 'invited' top Local Authority staff join the weirdo cult,

They have been making all 'invited' top Local Authority staff join the weirdo cult,

if she looks like a plant, acts like a plant, and clings to the cliff edge like a plant....I guess, she is....a plant.

Guest sillybear2

Robert Peston is a prominent Common Purposer ya know.

He's become very pro-banker and pro-tax avoidance lately, maybe he's planning a career change?

Robert Peston is a prominent Common Purposer ya know.

He's become very pro-banker and pro-tax avoidance lately, maybe he's planning a career change?

" Common Purpose has for years done brilliant work in forging valuable links between the private, public and voluntary sectors. And it has helped to make better citizens of individuals and institutions." Robert Peston BBC Business Editor Robert Peston, , BBC Business Editor

webquote3.gif

The whole country has been taken over by a semi-secret elitist organisation that only looks after it's own and abuses it's power over the rest of us.

C.P. also stands for Corporal Punishment

(by elitist fascists who place/secrete themselves at the top of our Society)

Spied upon by up to 600 authorities & fined just for over-filling your bin etc is like living under Stasi_fied east Germany!

This epitomises what's wrong with the top management system in the public sector. They pay private sector consultants, who are not cheap, to either tell them what they want to hear or what they should know already as part of their job.

I've long said that it's the top management in local government that's the problem, not the middle management or people working on the front line. But troughing goes on in the private sector too, at least in big PLCs - what's £9 million a year to the boss of Barclays if it's not troughing?

Suffolk’s head of human resources Sally Marlow said: ‘Andrea Hill is responsible for a programme of significant and complex change in the way public services are provided, and delivering £125million of savings over the next four years. In exactly the same way as all members of staff at this, and any other, organisation do, the chief executive receives personal development to support her in her role.’

She added: ‘Developing staff is an important aspect of running an organisation. The amount spent on this personal development has been over a three-year period and is in line with training normally provided to senior officers.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1362884/The-218k-council-chief-spent-12k-taxpayers-money-training-sessions-lifestyle-guru.html#ixzz1FqgnqEkh

So, not only do the Execs get paid vastly more than front line staff, but they get vastly more spent on their training too.

The training budget at my employer (private sector) has already been scrapped. I have to find and pay for my own training.

The inequalities are immense.