House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Will Extra Tourism Help The People Of The Uk

It might bring 4M extra people in with a spend of £1Bn but will it actually help people in the UK?

How many jobs will be created? Will they go to cheaper eastern european workers who are happy to squash into poor accomodation. (Given that tourist areas price out local people)

Will it increase house prices in nice areas further as foreigners see them as nice places to live.

Plans include: making it easier for chinese to get tourist visa and putting brown signs in multi-languages.

With a soaring £ and the exorbitant amounts the NT and Heritage charge to look at piles of ruined stones I doubt many can afford to come here for a holiday. We are orf to Portugal next week, 11 days half-board, 4* on the Algarve £784 all in. 3 day weekend in Maidstone about the same only you have to pay for your own petrol to drive there.

I have no idea how we are going to attract tourists to treasure island. Maybe the Chinese or Arab Elites with indiscriminate amounts to spend but not the average Euro person or North American. I can still recall watching the expression of Japanese bus tour guide inquiring how much they wanted to tour the Roman Baths in Bath and how he reacted when the receptionist told him the cost: sounded like that very angry Japanese officer addressing his Kamakazi pilates just before they took off to bomb Pearl Harbout.

I have no idea how we are going to attract tourists to treasure island. Maybe the Chinese or Arab Elites with indiscriminate amounts to spend but not the average Euro person or North American. I can still recall watching the expression of Japanese bus tour guide inquiring how much they wanted to tour the Roman Baths in Bath and how he reacted when the receptionist told him the cost: sounded like that very angry Japanese officer addressing his Kamakazi pilates just before they took off to bomb Pearl Harbout.

And what was the rate Gbp/Jpy at the time? Probably nearer 250 than the current 133?

Hopefully 100 Yen to the Pound isn't far away....

And what was the rate Gbp/Jpy at the time? Probably nearer 250 than the current 133?

Hopefully 100 Yen to the Pound isn't far away....

No thanks! I'm supposed to be going there later in the year.

Just walk into the train station and buy a ticket... :unsure:

Never go by train--cheaper to go by car, especially if you have 2 people travelling. Train travel is for the elites these days.

At this point I had to check which Universe we were operating in.

The one you are standing in. £ was almost parity with the Euro last year and 1.42 to the $. And just look at it now!

1 GBP= $ 1.62458 Euro 1.16410