House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric pebble

Us: They're Now Trying To Say That Lehman Brothers Brought Down By Financial Terrorists.

Financial Terrorism?

A newly released report says state or terrorist groups used a series of targeted financial attacks to trigger the collapse of the U.S. financial system.

http://www.cnbc.com/...00008152&play=1

Is this just a nut? "Terrorists did it". Is the guy a moron?

Promoting his research company I'd say.

That said, if we have a free market, why would you care if someone bought up all the oil and then naked short sold whilst buying up CDSs?

Clearly if rich Americans lose money its financial terrorism, but if a someone is repossessed by an over aggressive loan shark bank, that is just the free market.

http://www.freemanglobal.com/Economic_Warfare_report_.html

Full report here.

Not had chance to read it.

It would appear he's suggesting listening to the video that the over leverage of the US banks was an easy target for a financial attack. For me the suggest is using the herdist mentality of the market to create panic.

Whether it could be achieved is another matter, for it to succeed you would be need others who aren't in on the plot to join in for pure financial gain. As the system is geared towards that it might happen, but equally trying this anyone who's behind this would have to have deep deep pockets as it could be a very costly attack which achieves nothing.

Financial Terrorism?

A newly released report says state or terrorist groups used a series of targeted financial attacks to trigger the collapse of the U.S. financial system.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232/?video=3000008152&play=1

Is this just a nut? "Terrorists did it". Is the guy a moron?

+ 1,

So the banker gives themself a new title as Financail Terrorism? I like this.

SO when we going to put all those banker in jail instead of giving them big bonus?

The response to 9/11 was pretty much what led to the noughties boom, which led to the GFC.

But I don't think that is what he is saying.

Complete denial of the reality that they did it to themselves. Ffs!

Having said that, if it means the board of GS end up in Gitmo, I'm willing to suspend disbelief.