Sign in to follow this  
dog

Tax Abusers Of The Week

Tax abuser of the week!

Chief Executive

Yorkshire Forward

Yorkshire & Humberside

£150,000 p.a

You will bring significant personal credibility to influence partners from private, academic and public sectors at the very highest level. You will also promote internal change, inspiring a culture of empowerment and alignment.

Most pointless job of the week!

Executive Director - Learning

Bridgend County Borough Council

£90,147 - £96,285 per annum plus benefits

You will introduce new ideas, transform services and inspire greater involvement in the council and throughout the borough. Your influence will start with education and leisure but as a member of the Executive Board, it certainly will not end there.

Corporate Director, Adult and Community Services

Other tax abusers

Executive Director Family & Children's Services

The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea

Central London

£133,000 plus benefits

Executive Director Family & Children's Services.

Durham County Council

Durham

£90k - £120k

Corporate Directors who can champion the new agenda, challenge our preconceptions and encourage us to see things differently. Not only will you shape the future of service delivery, but by working corporately.

Director - Property Services - Urban Living

Harrow Council

West London

£105,000

Reporting to the Executive Director of Urban Living, this appointment will take full responsibility for getting the most from our property assets. It will also support our partnership working and our ambitious programmes.

Executive Director, Environmental Services

London Borough of Waltham Forest

East London

c.£118k

You will capitalise on our commitment to improvement and innovation by significantly contributing to and delivering our wide-ranging services, ensuring that the environment remains at the top of our corporate agenda.

Corporate Director, Children and Young People's Services

Durham County Council

Durham

£90k - £120k

Not only will you shape the future of service delivery, but by working corporately, you will also play a key role in every aspect of the Council as well as developing strong external partnerships.

Group Director, Children's Services

London Borough of Havering

East London

£126k

The Group Director, Children's Services is a key appointment for the authority. Building on success, yours and ours, you will lead this group to serve all our children and young people well.

Chief Executive

NORWICH CITY COUNCIL

Norfolk

£120,000

We are looking for an inspirational leader and manager who can help shape the City's development and enable the council to be an active agent working with the community and a wide range of partners.

Executive Director - Urban Living

Harrow Council

North London

c.£130k plus benefits

Your professional background is not important although experience in managing some of the service areas within Urban Living would be an advantage. What we really want is someone with outstanding management.

Since these public sector bodies are bidding against each other using our money and have no market accountability this inflationary spiral is a certain outcome of pumping more money in. Supply is effectively fixed: I occasionally apply for public sector jobs and the usual outcome after the tedious public-sector committee style interview process and 'diversity questionnaire' form-filling is that the job goes to an internal applicant anyway. Dealing with normal people seems to make them feel uncomfortable.

Guest Bart of Darkness
You will bring significant personal credibility to influence partners from private, academic and public sectors at the very highest level. You will also promote internal change, inspiring a culture of empowerment and alignment.

Eh? :blink:

does anybody understand how to fill in one of those meaningless job forms. I had to apply for a simple admin job for a council for my sister. total bullsh@t. I told her to saw a leg off and bat for the wrong side.

The thing with job titles and job descriptions is that the job should be self evident...

WTF is alignment and empowerment? It's corporate hyperbole and bluster and I hate it. Process alignment, 2 B positions, end-to-end processes, Helicopter Thinking etc., what ******ing world am I living in?

I got told off today for having my monitor overhanging by 2 inches over my desk thus creating a trip hazard.

:'(