House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

profitofdoom

Well Done Cleggy

Managed barely 4% of the vote and finished behind the rags,tags and bobtails of British politics.UKIP,the BNP and even a local nutter. What now for the Cleggster? A wipeout in May's council elections looks a certainty.He's doomed,doomed I tell you, to coin a Fraser.

Managed barely 4% of the vote and finished behind the rags,tags and bobtails of British politics.UKIP,the BNP and even a local nutter. What now for the Cleggster? A wipeout in May's council elections looks a certainty.He's doomed,doomed I tell you, to coin a Fraser.

Those illiterate morons lost their last mp because he was bent and have managed to replace him with another labour toad. Barnsley should raised to the ground and restarted.

Those illiterate morons lost their last mp because he was bent and have managed to replace him with another labour toad. Barnsley should raised to the ground and restarted.

will nothing stop them voting for labour? labour have bribed their way to power in many places. apparently barnsley has a lot of public sector jobs and i would hazard a guess, a lot of people on benefits. coupled with the labour strategy of giving benefits to most people, it forms a potent combination and these people will vote labour. who cares about the country's finances

Pre, the general election of 2010, so much potential.

Post, the general election of 2010, they sold out to it's voters (and promises) for a bit of power.

Glegg and co have managed to resign the libdems to a political wilderness, and they don't care about it. :angry:

Post, the council election results this May, what will they have to say? no amount of spin is going to save them now, and no promises will ever be believed again.

They have commited Political Suicide.

Now back to a TWO party democracy, so sad.

Pre, the general election of 2010, so much potential.

Post, the general election of 2010, they sold out to it's voters (and promises) for a bit of power.

Glegg and co have managed to resign the libdems to a political wilderness, and they don't care about it. :angry:

Post, the council election results this May, what will they have to say? no amount of spin is going to save them now, and no promises will ever be believed again.

Now back to a TWO party democracy, so sad.

Like a THREE party democracy is any better? ;)

I give this coalition less than 12 months.

Then we’ll probably get Labour in again. Nice one DaveNick, you’ve played a blinder.

:angry:

Then we’ll probably get Labour in again. Nice one DaveNick, you’ve played a blinder.

That was inevitable, even if the Coalition was any good. A backlash against being forced to face reality is inevitable. Democracy only works when the electorate isn't too full of self-interested idiots.

Same with Luton. That fat slug margaret moron.

The muslims get public moneys from liebour. Liebour gets their votes. Cant fault eithers logic, regardless of how obscene it is.

And 12 months after that I predict the PM will be Mr E Balls.

That was inevitable, even if the Coalition was any good. A backlash against being forced to face reality is inevitable. Democracy only works when the electorate isn't too full of self-interested idiots.

Or when the government isn't comprised of self-interested idiots? Maybe the elerctorate has caught on that a cabinet chock full of multi millionaires from the families of robber bank barons isn't actually going to share in our pain and that Clegg was the prime mover is setting this in motion.I'm not in the North and business has collapsed since the turn of the year in almost every sector.

My fear is that this government is so personally insulated from the damage that they will do that they will just walk away and leave us up sh*t creek in a barbed wire canoe without a paddle.

That's what you're hoping for anyway.

Conversely I think this actually makes the coalition stronger. If the lib dems bail out and force a general election they'll be wiped out across the country - do you really think all the LD MPs want to lose their seats?.

Their only hope is to tough it out to the end, take credit for sorting Labour's mess out then come to a non-compete agreement with the Conservatives.

Or when the government isn't comprised of self-interested idiots? Maybe the elerctorate has caught on that a cabinet chock full of multi millionaires from the families of robber bank barons isn't actually going to share in our pain and that Clegg was the prime mover is setting this in motion.I'm not in the North and business has collapsed since the turn of the year in almost every sector.

My fear is that this government is so personally insulated from the damage that they will do that they will just walk away and leave us up sh*t creek in a barbed wire canoe without a paddle.

Probably, but when the alternative is the bunch of cretins who got us there in the first place...? Never make the mistake of blaming the current lot for getting us into this mess. Blame them for being completely disinterested in getting us out of it, but Labour got us there, and the pain and collapsing businesses are all the result of their complete and utter incompetence. I can completely understand people who don't want anything to do with the Tories or LibDems. I don't understand how anyone in their right mind could vote Labour (and similar views apply to all the smaller parties too). The electorate hasn't caught on to anything.

I saw the labour wonner's acceptance speech and it was bizzare - a pumped up ex para raging against Thatcher and alluding to the miners strike, and going on about the 'broken promises, and cuts of the coalition. No mention of the steaming turd that NuLab left in the centre of the public finances, or why the cuts are necessary.

It's like sums and numbers don't exist in NuLab land - I guess that'll be the NuLab line from now onwards.

The beeb also made great play of the tories being pushed down the table by ukip, but hurridly skipped over the libdems being beaten by the party that shall not be named in TV land.

It was interesting to note that even under AV labour would have romped it though - the non lab vote was about 9,500 and the lab vote was 14,724; so over 50%, albeit on a crappy turnout of 36.5%.

The best analysis was by Daniel Finkelstein in the Times.

Essentially they were damned whatever they did - the coaltion was the least worst option.

If they'd tried to support the insane Gordon Brown after the thumping he got then the party would cease to exist. The public would have to conclude that they would support labour under all circumstances and as such they might as well vote labour if that was what they wanted.

If they'd stayed out of governemnt alltogether then what exactly is the point of the party? You get the one chance in a genation to take part in government and you say no thanks. Who's going to vote for that?

The only option is to join the coalition, see it through and come out the other end.

Hopefully in the meantime Labour will go bust and the lib dems can replace them as the party of the left.

The best analysis was by Daniel Finkelstein in the Times.

Essentially they were damned whatever they did - the coaltion was the least worst option.

If they'd tried to support the insane Gordon Brown after the thumping he got then the party would cease to exist. The public would have to conclude that they would support labour under all circumstances and as such they might as well vote labour if that was what they wanted.

If they'd stayed out of governemnt alltogether then what exactly is the point of the party? You get the one chance in a genation to take part in government and you say no thanks. Who's going to vote for that?

The only option is to join the coalition, see it through and come out the other end.

Hopefully in the meantime Labour will go bust and the lib dems can replace them as the party of the left.

I'd agree, I think history will look favourably on Clegg's original choice to join a Tory coalition. How the actual 5 year term is judged is a different kettle of fish...

Barnsley has a lot of public sector jobs and i would hazard a guess, a lot of people on benefits

Correct on both points.

That was inevitable, even if the Coalition was any good. A backlash against being forced to face reality is inevitable.

Mervyn King warned that election victor will be out of power for a generation, claims economist

There is one VERY important thing you need to remember about British voters and it is this:

turning_goldfish%5B1%5D.jpg

Let's hope the Government gets the pain out the way in the next 3 years then.

If we are back to solid private sector growth by then and have de-gerrymandered seat boundaries, it will be no walkover for Labour IMHO. Particularly if one of the Eds is leader.

SHERWICK, made me laugh.

It's sadly very true. The business of cuts when the economy is in such a mess shows how economically ignorant most people are.

No-one seems to have an idea that everything costs.

I thought the LibDems were brave to join forces with the Tories, short-term with the cuts rhetoric and ignorance, they will suffer, should things turn round then their fortunes will change.

On the subject of the cuts, there are many, very well paid execs in the Public Sector supposedly very able, and yet no=one seemed to be aware that the country was overspending and that it couldn't go on. Many acting as if it's a complete surprise.

On the subject of the cuts, there are many, very well paid execs in the Public Sector supposedly very able, and yet no=one seemed to be aware that the country was overspending and that it couldn't go on. Many acting as if it's a complete surprise.

Maybe we should go USA, whereby all tax returns are public information. Since peeps who are paid (not earn) over 100K usually have to complete tax returns anyway. It would be excellent transparency for government..... but too many VIs would want to prevent this.

Remember when the Liberals had a handful of MP's? Well what changed that was a couple of million Labour voters voting tactically.Those have gone for good.just wait for Leicester South.

Just a small point of order. Allegations of illiteracy and intellectual incompetence are usually more acceptable if grammatically correct. It is 'razed' not 'raised'.

Just a small point of order. Allegations of illiteracy and intellectual incompetence are usually more acceptable if grammatically correct. It is 'razed' not 'raised'.

Yes I noticed that.I thought maybe Barnsley had been built underground,kind of like a really big cellar.