House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cjazzcam

Who Do I Notify My Intention To Bring Gold Into Ireland?

I intend to buy gold bars as an investment as I recently came into some money and I wish to bring my investment back to Ireland. I understand that there is a law which states that I may be exempt from paying tax or vat on investment gold however I am not sure on the quantity I am allowed to transport and whether or not I am to notify the revenue of my intentions as to be given permission to do so without complication. Can anyone give me advice on any steps I should take regarding this matter as I would not like to find out when its too late that even though the law exists it may not apply without the proper procedure having been followed! Id feel like a right plonker getting back home only to find I loose my investment on the account of a mere oversight. Can anyone help me with some info?