House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

I Spy With My Little Eye....something Begining With...b

These are plummeting towards what could be called fair value. What did places like this cost in 2000?

Hope those canny investors of a few years ago top up with sunblock once they have lost their shirts.

These are plummeting towards what could be called fair value. What did places like this cost in 2000?

Hope those canny investors of a few years ago top up with sunblock once they have lost their shirts.

You could pick up a 2 bed flat round there for £20K 12 years ago.

I look at that website now and again the "Bank Repo" title is a new development.

I doubt they can give them away never mind sell them now.

I look at that website now and again the "Bank Repo" title is a new development.

Mate of mine works in Gib but his company pays for him to rent a place in Alcadesa, because it's a lot cheaper.

He lives in a block of 6 very nice flats, fantastic views, communal pool etc etc

On the opposite site of the valley there are row upon row of half finished new builds, tower cranes in place, been like that for over 18 months, spoils the view some what.

Only two flats are occupied in his block, and the blocks either side are completely empty.

Isn't the catch (they don't tell foreigners) that any previous debts/mortgage default also come with the property?

The prices will halve again from what you're seeing anyway - since EU funding was withdrawn hardly anyone has a decent job and as others get poorer in other countries loads will cease flying to Spain on expensive flights.

So Hotels will have to drop room rentals to attract business - are they doomed to a reducing spiral back to the 50's-60's?

Edited by erranta

I note the firm offering these places can supply mortgages too.

full documents, 3 pay slips, 3 bank statements and a tax return.

Loan-terms can now be up to 40 years, and can include a certain ‘honeymoon period’, during which you will pay only interest. Mortgage products that we offer include:

• Interest-only mortgages
  • Equity release
  • Home reversal plans
  • Inheritance tax solutions
  • Self-certification mortgages

The widely advertised 100 % mortgages are still really difficult to obtain, and may only be applicable to property purchases where the valuation is considerably higher than the actual sales price.

If you wish to apply for a mortgage, we will first obtain a relevant number of provisional bank offers for you, based on and subject to the initial information that is provided by you. These offers will include the following information:

• Loan amount
  • Loan duration
  • Interest rate
  • Opening commission
  • Cancellation fee
  • Early repayment fee
  • Interest only period
  • Fixed interest rate period
  • Frequency of interest rate corrections
  • Loan-to-value maximum

These offers will be subject to the bank’s verification of your documentation as being a complete and accurate representation of your financial situation, and to the valuation of the property by the valuation company instructed by the bank to provide such.

When you decide that a certain bank offer best meets your financial situation, we will submit your application to the bank in question for their assessment.

Please be aware that the bank will only be able to process your application if you provide complete, correct and verifiable documentation. This will include:

• Passport and ‘NIE’
  • 3 Most recent pay slips
  • 3 Most recent bank statements
  • Proof of other income
  • Most recent tax return
  • An overview of your outstanding financial obligations (including loans)
  • A copy of your pre-agreement (or proof of payment of the deposit)
Edited by Bloo Loo

So... adjusted for inflation they are just about the same now as then. What a mess.

A bit more weakening of the Euro and there could be another wave of emigres.