House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreenWarwick

Irish Cricket Teanm Beating England

I'm Irish and didn't know there was an Irish cricket team. Seriously,never heard cricket mentioned in Ireland apart from on television. Still, my Irish wife was pleased to hear that Ireland had won :D

I'm Irish and didn't know there was an Irish cricket team. Seriously,never heard cricket mentioned in Ireland apart from on television. Still, my Irish wife was pleased to hear that Ireland had won :D

I'd always thought that they were effectively equal to a minor counties team...

I'd always thought that they were effectively equal to a minor counties team...

Yes, that's England for you.

Ireland on the other hand are First Division material.

Just wondering in light of yesterday's shock result, are the Irish Cricket team now really good or England really bad, or a combination of both?

Did you watch it?

England bowled and fielded like schoolchildren. They were shambolic, arrogant and indisciplined. You could see all the while that they thought they'd win anyway, their level of intensity was very poor. I've never seen the wicketkeeper drop a high catch in any level of cricket, that one was incredible.

I'm an England supporter and by the end I felt like cheering for Ireland who battled hard all the way. No matter how well O'Brien batted, you can't hit sixes and fours if the fast bowlers bowl lots of accurate yorkers. They fed his strengths, they were rubbish.

I'll be interested to see how England get on against the saffers, if they play like that it'll be a mismatch.