House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Nice Ea Anecdotal

This is an anecdote but is worth mentioning here for a while.

Spoke with an EA today who valued a house last week for 250K. Told the seller to put it on for 260 to 270 and to take 240 to 250.

The seller decided to go with the EA's competitor who just valued the house at 460K. Yes, 460K.

I was told the house is a bad condition with the original knackered kitchen from the 1950s and rotting wooden windows.

I have been keeping an eye on property in that road and a couple are for sale for 270K to 290K top but I would give no more than 250K tops for one so I think the first EA is spot on.

This is an anecdote but is worth mentioning here for a while.

Spoke with an EA today who valued a house last week for 250K. Told the seller to put it on for 260 to 270 and to take 240 to 250.

The seller decided to go with the EA's competitor who just valued the house at 460K. Yes, 460K.

I was told the house is a bad condition with the original knackered kitchen from the 1950s and rotting wooden windows.

I have been keeping an eye on property in that road and a couple are for sale for 270K to 290K top but I would give no more than 250K tops for one so I think the first EA is spot on.

I think TMT is in love - can't stay away from the EA's office, and gurgling at each little "anecdote"...

Awww, bless :P

I think TMT is in love - can't stay away from the EA's office, and gurgling at each little "anecdote"...

Awww, bless :P

:lol:

my first thought exactly, this must be the new girlfriend - no other EA would divulge so much otherwise.

we still need to see a picture tmt :)

:lol:

my first thought exactly, this must be the new girlfriend - no other EA would divulge so much otherwise.

we still need to see a picture tmt :)

I had forgotten about the EA on the dating site.

She has de-added me now.

She has de-added me now.

Aww, TMT - gutted for you.

Guess those gimp costume opics on your profile were just s step too far too quickly...

We knew that EA's did this in an effort to get the business but £200k?

How are they going to get the vendors to reduce the price to something sensible in a couple of weeks when there is no interest?

Even this dopey vendor will see through the EA when that conversation comes...

EA....there has been no interest, perhaps we should try lowering the price to be a little more competitive

vendor.....how much would you suggest?

EA.....about £210k

Vendor......get the fk out idiot

Well Despite me walking past this place last Saturday and it having a sold sticker on the for sale board, its just reappeared today.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-23334502.html

Its been on the market for nealry 24 months I think and was originally up for 225k, Its a big old lump of a house, downstairs windows are rotten and the porch looks like it'll fall down in a strong wind but its come down 45k in the last week.

I think the penny is starting to drop that estate agent valuations are a work of fiction in the current enviroment.

She has de-added me now.

is that what its called these days, de-adding. ;)

its hard to keep up with the slang sometimes.