House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Sunday School Teacher Sedated For Sex To Ease Her Guilt Jailed For Life For 'perfect Murders' Of Husband And Lover's Wife

She murdered her husband and the wife of her lover but it appears that she then married another bloke - there is a photo of her walking to court with a bloke who is described as being her husband.

This pair of evil murderers denied the children of their marriages the chance to know their parent and also had to bear the stigma of suicide in their parent.

The story is very involved - the dentist Howell allegedly put his life savings of several hundred thousands in a plan to dig up buried war time Japanese gold in the Far east and when this failed he realised that he had been a nasty man to murder his first wife and his lover's husband 20 years ago and pretend that they had committed suicide.

A totally unsavoury case which brings his church, his profession and his family into disrepute

:blink::blink::blink:

Were they both big church goers then?

Yes and were caught in flagrante by a church member -- how they got away with it for 20 years astounds me.

What? They were only caught in flangrante by a church memberb recently? But she is married to another guy since the murder of her hubby and her lover's wife.

Misery all over the place there.

The team from CSI New York would have struggled with this plot line.

That's because they're rubbish. What was needed was Helen Mirren in Prime Suspect. She'd have sorted it out in 10 minutes.

prime-suspect-1-jane-tennisson-helen-mirren.png

That's because they're rubbish. What was needed was Helen Mirren in Prime Suspect. She'd have sorted it out in 10 minutes.

Well,three hours spread over three different nights.I recently read a book of my wife's by Jo Nesbo,I told her I thought it a bit far fetched. Compared to this it was straightforward.

If you can open you mind to it - a semi open relationship is the way forward. IMO.

Would solve a multitude of issues I reckon.

If you can open you mind to it - a semi open relationship is the way forward. IMO.

and what about the money aspects? What financial arrangements would you put in place in this "semi-open" relationship? His wife's devotion (that led to her failed suicide) only gave him the opportunity (to stage another 'suicide').

What were his motives? The relationship had already been exposed to the whole community, so there was no face-saving involved. I believe the relatives have the correct angle on this. The motive was money:

Despite Howell's confession, relatives revealed their suspicions that he may have been involved in the murder of his father-in-law Henry Clarke.

It was believed that Mr Clarke died after collapsing from a suspected heart attack just 12 days before the double murder.

His wife's death coupled with her father's meant Howell, who faced going bankrupt, would have inherited £414,000.

Mr Clarke's body could never be exhumed as it was cremated at Howell's insistence, the Daily Telegraph reported.

Lesley Howell's brother Dr Christopher Clarke told the Telegraph: 'I don't think my sister's murder was a crime of passion. I think [Howell] may well have wanted to be with his new lover but I think this was logistically and financially motivated. 'My dad died very quickly while superficially healthy. I do wonder did Colin kill him - I will never actually know, I'm suspicious.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1362388/Hazel-Stewart-jailed-life-perfect-murders-husband-lovers-wife.html#ixzz1FY8RCVLV

semi open? You mean you are allowed to think about it?

and what about the money aspects? What financial arrangements would you put in place in this "semi-open" relationship? His wife's devotion (that led to her failed suicide) only gave him the opportunity (to stage another 'suicide').

What were his motives? The relationship had already been exposed to the whole community, so there was no face-saving involved. I believe the relatives have the correct angle on this. The motive was money:

There is no money aspect. I am simply talking about a situation where both sides admit up front they may 'cheat' on a rare occasion. So accept that it will happen and tell the other one about it when it does. Takes a hell of a lot of pressure of everything. No great desperation to be the 'perfect' partner. Which we all know the vast majority of people are not.

Far better to be honest and have the odd random shag with a stranger - than the usual - which is to lie and have the odd random shag with a stranger.

semi open? You mean you are allowed to think about it?

Nah - as above. Just accept it may happen and if it does no big deal and be honest about it. The great illusion of most people that 'Their other half is not like the rest of them and would NEVER cheat on me' is just quite embarrassing. I don't see the point. We all give into temptation at one point or another. No big deal. It is perfectly natural. Why deny this to the person you are supposed to love and be honest with ?

Most people in this country are living a lie. Just take the stress and demands away - and everything will be far simpler.

There is no money aspect. I am simply talking about a situation where both sides admit up front they may 'cheat' on a rare occasion. So accept that it will happen and tell the other one about it when it does. Takes a hell of a lot of pressure of everything. No great desperation to be the 'perfect' partner. Which we all know the vast majority of people are not.

Far better to be honest and have the odd random shag with a stranger - than the usual - which is to lie and have the odd random shag with a stranger.

You arent married are you?

This would be fine in principle and some do have open relationships but the vast majority commit, trust is massive and can only be broken once.

You arent married are you?

This would be fine in principle and some do have open relationships but the vast majority commit, trust is massive and can only be broken once.

Not married but seeing someone.

And I don't think you get what I am saying. Being honest and up front at the start IS trusting each other. Probably more so than the vast majority who pretend they won't cheat when they invariably do.

You are being fully honest with each other. When most others are not. They say they will not cheat and probably will. Whether they get caught out or not is the only question.

I think people need to think outside the box a little when it comes to this subject. People do what they are supposed to do and what they have been told to do. Who is to say it is right ?

In fact knowing that you can do the odd dirty probably makes you less likely to. Because it is not illicit. It is not 'banned'. It is not like being young and nabbing your parents bevvy just because they tell you 'YOU CANNOT HAVE THAT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES'.

Not married but seeing someone.

And I don't think you get what I am saying. Being honest and up front at the start IS trusting each other. Probably more so than the vast majority who pretend they won't cheat when they invariably do.

You are being fully honest with each other. When most others are not. They say they will not cheat and probably will. Whether they get caught out or not is the only question.

I think people need to think outside the box a little when it comes to this subject. People do what they are supposed to do and what they have been told to do. Who is to say it is right ?

In fact knowing that you can do the odd dirty probably makes you less likely to. Because it is not illicit. It is not 'banned'. It is not like being young and nabbing your parents bevvy just because they tell you 'YOU CANNOT HAVE THAT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES'.

That may work for some but hardly the premise for building a life long relationship of trust is it?......oh, by the way, I may one day fk one of your mates on the kitchen table but it's ok if you get shagged behind a bar one night because no one is perfect :lol:

I was away a lot. I needed to know that I could trust my wife at home just as she did me. Sh1t like that screws with your mind and eats away at you. I have seen it many times. Once a trust is broken then it is gone and eats and eats. Often, one discretion is repaid with another and ends up being a nail in the coffin.

If you are going to fk around then you have to be open with a woman that will accept that and be comfortable with her doing the same, otherwise it just cant happen and last. Not many out there that can do things that open.

I had to take over a guardroom when the last gd commader stuck a 9mm through his skull having found out that half the regiment had tapped his wife while he was away. I saw a guy fall apart on tour when he found out something similar. Not something that everyone can handle and tbh I dont think that being told from the beginning that she may shag someone if she fancies it will cause anything but suspicion and distrust.

I couldnt accept that tbh, isnt a commitment based on anything. If that is how it is going to be then better to stick with 1 night stands and fking whores imo

That may work for some but hardly the premise for building a life long relationship of trust is it?......oh, by the way, I may one day fk one of your mates on the kitchen table but it's ok if you get shagged behind a bar one night because no one is perfect :lol:

I was away a lot. I needed to know that I could trust my wife at home just as she did me. Sh1t like that screws with your mind and eats away at you. I have seen it many times. Once a trust is broken then it is gone and eats and eats. Often, one discretion is repaid with another and ends up being a nail in the coffin.

If you are going to fk around then you have to be open with a woman that will accept that and be comfortable with her doing the same, otherwise it just cant happen and last. Not many out there that can do things that open.

I had to take over a guardroom when the last gd commader stuck a 9mm through his skull having found out that half the regiment had tapped his wife while he was away. I saw a guy fall apart on tour when he found out something similar. Not something that everyone can handle and tbh I dont think that being told from the beginning that she may shag someone if she fancies it will cause anything but suspicion and distrust.

I couldnt accept that tbh, isnt a commitment based on anything. If that is how it is going to be then better to stick with 1 night stands and fking whores imo

I think if you read back through your examples - and have a good think about what I am saying - you will find you are actually backing up my theory.

How do you know your wife did not cheat on you ? Your trust may already have been broken - you just dont know about it yet !! Again no idea if it is the case or not - however you would have to admit it is a definite possibility.

As for the guy shooting himself ? Do you think if he had started off the relationship in the way I say it would have ended this way ? I doubt it very much. If it got to the point where she was taking advantage of the situation too much - he could have left before he got too deeply involved.

I honestly think this would work for tmost people. We are not meant to be 'faithfull'. I think we need to be thinking differently about all this - rather than just doing what everyone tells us to do. And their track record is not exactly great is it ? Cheating and divorces all over the shop.

Male and female both will want to, one occasion, ****** other people. Why deny this simply fact of life. Just accept it and move on with it.

I think if you read back through your examples - and have a good think about what I am saying - you will find you are actually backing up my theory.

How do you know your wife did not cheat on you ? Your trust may already have been broken - you just dont know about it yet !! Again no idea if it is the case or not - however you would have to admit it is a definite possibility.

As for the guy shooting himself ? Do you think if he had started off the relationship in the way I say it would have ended this way ? I doubt it very much. If it got to the point where she was taking advantage of the situation too much - he could have left before he got too deeply involved.

I honestly think this would work for tmost people. We are not meant to be 'faithfull'. I think we need to be thinking differently about all this - rather than just doing what everyone tells us to do. And their track record is not exactly great is it ? Cheating and divorces all over the shop.

Male and female both will want to, one occasion, ****** other people. Why deny this simply fact of life. Just accept it and move on with it.

maybe....but I was drinking and chatty last night, now my head still ache's so I will think about this more when it doesnt

maybe....but I was drinking and chatty last night, now my head still ache's so I will think about this more when it doesnt

May not work for everyone - I do admit that. We are not all the same. I would be mental if I thought one thing would work for everyone.

However for 99.9% of people in this country - they go down route A because they are told to. A tiny number try route B and find it works very well.

I think the numbers are a bit mixed up. I reckon a huge number of the route A's would be far happier with their partner if they tried the other option.

Not all mind. Very jealous people would not deal with it. Then again - these sort of people don't deal with the 'normal' style of relationships anyway. So not much difference IMO.

May not work for everyone - I do admit that. We are not all the same. I would be mental if I thought one thing would work for everyone.

However for 99.9% of people in this country - they go down route A because they are told to. A tiny number try route B and find it works very well.

I think the numbers are a bit mixed up. I reckon a huge number of the route A's would be far happier with their partner if they tried the other option.

Not all mind. Very jealous people would not deal with it. Then again - these sort of people don't deal with the 'normal' style of relationships anyway. So not much difference IMO.

I think you're wrong. If you love someone, you don't want/can't stand them being with anyone else. It's not because you're 'told' to feel like that - it simply just '*is*.

Have you ever really loved someone (i.e. you ached when you were apart?).

I think you're wrong. If you love someone, you don't want/can't stand them being with anyone else. It's not because you're 'told' to feel like that - it simply just '*is*.

Have you ever really loved someone (i.e. you ached when you were apart?).

Really ? So they can't go to work ? Or sit on a bus ? Or get a massage ? Or see a physio ? Or see a Doctor ?

Although I think you mean 'being with someone' as in having sex ?

Sex can be nothing more than a short period of fun that both sides enjoy and then hapily say 'See ya later'.

I appreciate things can come from this and I would be naive to think otherwise. However this happens anyway when both sides are apparently 'being faithfull'. So just what is the point ?

I actually think many people who lived this sort of life wouldnt even do it very often , if at all. Why ? Because they know they could, and so the exitement and thrill of it would be a bit less.

And if they did once in a blue moon ? Who cares. If its just a bang then no big deal.