House Price Crash Forum
Tired of Waiting

B B C Radio Scotland Discussing House Prices

BBC Radio Scotland discussing house prices.

Live on-line here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_scotland

It is on "Listen Again" now.

It starts at 1hr 03min into it, here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00yrn9j/Call_Kaye_03_03_2011/

More at 1:15 (including Jonathan Davis).

Edited by Tired of Waiting

I fully understand his impatience and bad mood, but it makes him sound unreasonable, even a bit "fanatical".

yeas, I think he scared the FTB off!

The Scotsman property editor was making a silly point though, 'the sooner a mortgage is started the better' although it's tied to her belief that prices aint going to drop.

JD, a suggestion: Against the "rent is dead money" argument, please explain to the sheeple that the interest part of their monthly mortgage payment is also dead money.

Negative equity is also dead money? and you still pay the interest/rent portion to the bank?

yeas, I think he scared the FTB off!

The Scotsman property editor was making a silly point though, 'the sooner a mortgage is started the better' although it's tied to her belief that prices aint going to drop.

Was she the Scotsman property editor?! :o Jeeez! I'd missed that.

I thought she was just some silly general reporter or something. Sounded like an air-head teenager! With all the usual clichés! Wow. Is she stupid or really VI?

She made loads of stupid points.

( I hope she is "invested in property" :D ... Ahh... pleasure... Just deserts!!! )

I hope Radio Scotland has a "listen again" service. I would add the link to the OP.

Was she the Scotsman property editor?! :o Jeeez! I'd missed that.

I thought she was just some silly general reporter or something. Sounded like an air-head teenager! With all the usual clichés! Wow. Is she stupid or really VI?

She made loads of stupid points.

( I hope she is "invested in property" :D ... Ahh... pleasure... Just deserts!!! )

I hope Radio Scotland has a "listen again" service. I would add the link to the OP.

For anyojne who reads property stories in the Scotsman - the answer to that is self evident. Option #2.

PS - Anyone get her name ?

Another barnstorming performance by JD!

His comments are always the ones the punters will remember after the programme.

I hope so, but he was not getting through the listeners, or at least the callers - selected by the BBC? :unsure:

Edited by Tired of Waiting

For anyojne who reads property stories in the Scotsman - the answer to that is self evident. Option #2.

Wasn't it Kirsty something? And Mac (Mc) something else?

OK, I'll Google it.

There: Kirsty McLuckie

There too! (It is the one on the right. :D )

Conversion%20-%20Country%20Lifestyle%203.jpg

If i wasn't a member of this site and an avid believer in HPC, and i'd just heard JD ranting so loudly that the sound distorted i'd be on rightmove immediately. He sounds like an absolute maniac and is a terrible "spokesperson" for the argument against HPI.

If i wasn't a member of this site and an avid believer in HPC, and i'd just heard JD ranting so loudly that the sound distorted i'd be on rightmove immediately. He sounds like an absolute maniac and is a terrible "spokesperson" for the argument against HPI.

Yes, I had the same concern.

( Sorry JD. I do agree with your arguments, you know that. And I am not saying I wouldn't be screaming even more than you if it was I arguing with that imbecile Kirsty! But you do need some PR/media training. :) Friendly advice, I swear. )

Wasn't it Kirsty something? And Mac (Mc) something else?

OK, I'll Google it.

There: Kirsty McLuckie

There too! (It is the one on the right. :D )

Conversion%20-%20Country%20Lifestyle%203.jpg

Thanks. Going her editorials she MUST have some sort of 'investment' in property IMO. Although as this is not classed as invesment as such - unlike shares - I don't think she would have to be open and public about it ?

Thanks. Going her editorials she MUST have some sort of 'investment' in property IMO. Although as this is not classed as invesment as such - unlike shares - I don't think she would have to be open and public about it ?

Absolutely!

There was a thread about that a few months back, BTW, remember?

Negative equity is also dead money? and you still pay the interest/rent portion to the bank?

In the very last minute of that audio we have the pearl of all pearls:

JD final advice is to wait a couple of years, Kirsty final advice is to buy as soon as possible, and the FTBer says:

"I agree with Kirsty, I will wait."

:o

:(:(:(

In the very last minute of that audio we have the pearl of all pearls:

JD final advice is to wait a couple of years, Kirsty final advice is to buy as soon as possible, and the FTBer says:

"I agree with Kirsty, I will wait."

:(:(:(

Funny!

I know it's difficult live, but JD should have undermined the stupid borrowing example of a £90,000 mortgage repeatedly given by his adversary.

How many properties in Scotland could you buy with that?

He should also have cut the caller up who claimed her mortgage was half the price of renting,

was she on I/O mortgage (about to shoot up with Interest rate rise)

what repayment vehicle did she have,

house insurance cost,

maintenance/upkeep,

life insurance policy cost

Solicitor cost

Surveyor cost

EA charges if she is forced to move/sell

Instant Neg equity if prices collapse

Job loss in present bad economic climate

She's a 'nesting nutter' - extreme gambler to buy at present :o

Edited by erranta

(...)

She's a 'nesting nutter' - extreme gambler to buy at present :o

I think she will wait a little, perhaps a couple of months, and if the news on house prices start to point to falls, she'll probably wait a little longer, and so forth.

I think these next few months will be very important.

Perhaps the Scottish Sunday readers forum members would find this radio show interesting?