House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Top 20 School Course: How To Claim Benefits

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1362393/Exams-claim-benefits-Mickey-Mouse-courses-named-shamed.html

Now that will be useful... students take exams in how to claim the dole
By Kate "Luvee" Loveys
9:07 AM on 3rd March 2011
Comments (30) Add to My Stories
Thousands of children have taken GCSE-style exams which teach them how to claim unemployment benefit.
The subject was one of many ‘Mickey Mouse’ courses exposed in a damning report on how the vocational education system is failing Britain’s children.
The Certificate of Personal Effectiveness level 2 was taken by 10,843 youngsters last year, putting it in the top 20 most popular non-academic courses.

Its in our blood doncha know! :lol:

Is this the one where they copy 5 booklets out in their own writing?

My son's just done one that's the equivalent of 2 GSCEs apparently. Took a couple of hours so it must be good!

Is this the one where they copy 5 booklets out in their own writing?

My son's just done one that's the equivalent of 2 GSCEs apparently. Took a couple of hours so it must be good!

Seems like most of the dumbing down of GCSE's and A-levels must have happened after I did them. We had nothing like that when I was at school, but then again I only did proper subjects.

I'm sure when I was at school things may have been a little easier than 10 years previously. But these mickey mouse GCSE's/ A-levels look to be the equivalent difficulty of what I was studying in primary school :blink:

Edited by Saberu

Seems like most of the dumbing down of GCSE's and A-levels must have happened after I did them. We had nothing like that when I was at school, but then again I only did proper subjects.

Son is doing proper subjects too.

But this was a "learning for life" timewaster slot that they seem to have from year 7. A session a week to discuss stuff about life. They've touched briefly on money management too in it. It's compulsory but they have the option to fill in the forms and get a qualification.

What kind of job is at the end of it?

Sitting behind a desk at the job centre, actually, with their performance of late I would say it would make them over qualified.

I'm sure the Bullingdon Boys are taught from an early age how to lie to get elected, scam the great unwashed, grease palms (oops, legislate) their way onto bankster boards and set up tax avoidance schemes.

It's a shame they don't teach the future part time minimum wage proles who keeps a foot on their neck.