House Price Crash Forum

Mse Bans Silver Bullion Discussions

HOLA441

Hello everyone I have just arrived from the dark side after the appalling way MSE treats free speech.

Over there they seem to be more interested in losing money by getting a lousy 2 or 3% in a cash ISA

than trying any wealth preservation strategies.

They have banned any talk of precious metals on their forums.

HOLA442

Hello everyone I have just arrived from the dark side after the appalling way MSE treats free speech.

Over there they seem to be more interested in losing money by getting a lousy 2 or 3% in a cash ISA

Is that from an officially stated policy or just by censorship?

HOLA443
HOLA444

MSE is a different demographic to here. People go there for advice on run of the mill financial products - and many of them are the sort of people who will "buy gold" if a respected poster tells them to. I can see why they don't want such discussions, no idea how they handled it, as I don't go there.

HOLA445

That doesn't surprise me one bit, the censorship over on MSE is ridiculous now. Of late I've concluded the whole the place does more harm than good. At a guess I'd say Gold & Silver doesn't fit in well with the paper bugs belief that all is well in the world and we won't end up starving to death in the near future. Best to be a free thinker in life and make your own conclusions, avoiding places that censor and try create a warm cosy environment that probably doesn't reflect the real world.

HOLA446

I am no expert on economics but I think it is irresponsible to censor this debate as I have friends and family that have all

of their savings in cash and blindly believe that the goverment has their interests at heart.

For me having some precious metal is insurance against goverment folly.

To ban this subject gives further credibility to people who think that precious metal investors are survivalist nut jobs.

HOLA447

MoneySavingExpert.com® (Yes he TRADEMARKED it!) is a business - do not be fooled by the 'free' advice etc.

The site makes millions (I am NOT exaggerating) for Martin "Created, and still 100% owned, by" Lewis so why would he and his generals allow talk about products which they can't make commission on?

HOLA448

I am no expert on economics but I think it is irresponsible to censor this debate as I have friends and family that have all

of their savings in cash and blindly believe that the goverment has their interests at heart.

For me having some precious metal is insurance against goverment folly.

To ban this subject gives further credibility to people who think that precious metal investors are survivalist nut jobs.

Exactly.

They used to say on Wall Street; “Put 10% of your assets into gold and hope it doesn’t work.”

HOLA449

Wasn't silver up by around 10% last month?

Seems bizarre to deny such a strong investment opportunity to the readers over there.

HOLA4410

I wont go to mse after a brief spell of around 2 weeks there.

There are a few good posters that know what they are talking about but the vast majority border on moronic. It is more like mums net with fools asking daft advice about ridiculous debts etc and getting equally inadequate advice from other fools.

They also appear to support the bulls like mctavish and sibley coming down hard with deletions/bans for anyone that can talk sense and challenge them.

The place is a joke and seriously hazardous to ones financial health imo.

HOLA4411

I wont go to mse after a brief spell of around 2 weeks there.

There are a few good posters that know what they are talking about but the vast majority border on moronic. It is more like mums net with fools asking daft advice about ridiculous debts etc and getting equally inadequate advice from other fools.

Plenty of folks around that do minimal research and just want to know how to 'get rich quick' , most often via the stock market.

When they get burnt they'll work it out , gold and silver is king during these times.

HOLA4412

A bit of both really they pulled a least 10 discussions after they took the first one down.

I could not see what harm this debate was doing.

In my opinion they have a vested interest in promoting paper fiat which gold and silver are in competition with.

The unfortunate thing is that people will not come across essential information on MSE for them to decide to protect some or all their savings in the world's two premier reserve currencies, gold and silver.

HOLA4413

Hello there

Another refugee from MSE here - i tend to take a slightly less conspiracy theory take on this matter. It was a shame that it was pulled but I suspect it was more to do with the endless questions and exploration of how to avoid paying VAT on silver. From a legal aspect I doubt they would stand for threads on how you could import cigs/booze into UK without paying / avoid taxes. Sorry sometimes its the boring explanations that fall closer to the truth!

Personally I couldn't see much difference from the silver supporters ramping the positives to the house buying crowd threads which said house prices would go up up up which packed the forums until the crash. Everyones an adult on that forum and you ultimately make your own decisions.

I am certainly a silver bull but there will be a time to leave the party and look for something else, I have no sentimentality towards it - well ok a little its lovely looking stuff!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Hello there

Another refugee from MSE here - i tend to take a slightly less conspiracy theory take on this matter. It was a shame that it was pulled but I suspect it was more to do with the endless questions and exploration of how to avoid paying VAT on silver. From a legal aspect I doubt they would stand for threads on how you could import cigs/booze into UK without paying / avoid taxes. Sorry sometimes its the boring explanations that fall closer to the truth!

Personally I couldn't see much difference from the silver supporters ramping the positives to the house buying crowd threads which said house prices would go up up up which packed the forums until the crash. Everyones an adult on that forum and you ultimately make your own decisions.

I am certainly a silver bull but there will be a time to leave the party and look for something else, I have no sentimentality towards it - well ok a little its lovely looking stuff!

I doubt it.

There is no way to avoid vat, there are ways to pay reduced vat or buy silver without paying vat but they are not illegal.

No one ramps silver, no point, too many ounces for fools on the internet to influence one way or the other.

Now, back to Morons, Sense Evacuated and report that your explanation was mocked :D

Edited by richyc

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Anymore room in here?

Money Saving Expert really did show it's true colours the other day when they decided to Ban any posts related to Silver investment :)

Unbelievable...

HOLA4418

Hi, I was a poster on the MSE silver thread, it was great, full of information, realized I have been a member on here since 2008 and stumbled across this thread so hi every one and hopefully we can start a new " silver bullion for investment thread" on here!!

HOLA4419

Hi, I was a poster on the MSE silver thread, it was great, full of information, realized I have been a member on here since 2008 and stumbled across this thread so hi every one and hopefully we can start a new " silver bullion for investment thread" on here!!

I have been looking at the MSE savings and investment board for the past few days and they are still pulling anything that mentions silver.

All of the anti silver brigade seem quite pleased with themselves and have resorted to lies.

One thing I read,said that people were ramping silver and telling naive investors that silver was a no lose bet.

Most advocates of holding precious metals that I have come across give considered and well thought out opinions.

Then again they say that history is written by the winners,but our day will come.

HOLA4420

I have been looking at the MSE savings and investment board for the past few days and they are still pulling anything that mentions silver.

All of the anti silver brigade seem quite pleased with themselves and have resorted to lies.

One thing I read,said that people were ramping silver and telling naive investors that silver was a no lose bet.

Most advocates of holding precious metals that I have come across give considered and well thought out opinions.

Then again they say that history is written by the winners,but our day will come.

Yes but even when Silver is $100 oz they will just say it's in a bubble, and still not care...

Some very deluded people on them Forums, sure multiple silver threads I agree were annoying but the BIG thread with about 18,000 views was causing no trouble.

Martin Lewis ordered that take down. But for what reason is unknown.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Silver is now $36.40 oz :)

HOLA4423

I went over to see why they were deleting the silver threads and found this comedy gold by HamishMcTavish

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=41771630&postcount=9

Hamish is given carte blanche to tell people to buy property at twice the price and load themselves up with debt and be better off than renting . Who is the more dangerous - the madman or the silverbug?

MSE is allowing drivel like that saying 'buy a house at double price is OK' and deleting any mention of the word 'Silver' 2 faced hypocrites,,all Investments are risks and anyone who doesn't understand that should keep it in the Bank and get 1-3% as that is all they deserve

HOLA4424
HOLA4425