House Price Crash Forum
Moneyalchemist

Why It Makes Sense To Hope For A House Price Crash

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/ianmcowie/100009677/why-it-makes-sense-to-hope-for-a-house-price-crash/

"Finally, who can blame them for devoutly wishing that house prices will fall? No wonder websites such as housepricecrash.co.uk are proving increasingly popular and are now, perhaps somewhat counter-intuitively you may think, supported by advertising from Barratt Homes."

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/ianmcowie/100009677/why-it-makes-sense-to-hope-for-a-house-price-crash/

"Finally, who can blame them for devoutly wishing that house prices will fall? No wonder websites such as housepricecrash.co.uk are proving increasingly popular and are now, perhaps somewhat counter-intuitively you may think, supported by advertising from Barratt Homes."

No we just see the harm that HPI has caused the UK and its social fabric.........

Hampton Court

"FTB want prices to crash - no s**t Sherlock! Every first time buyer in history has wanted prices to crash. And quick note on the HPC website - many on there are ext BTL landlords and those who sold to rent in the hope of buying back in cheaply. The site has been going since 2003 and has been consistently wrong in its predictions. "

Makes one proud for having done their bit on here. What a thoroughly, utterly worthwhile cause it is.

I am so proud I must be careful not to trip over myself this morning. :lol:

Good article.

A lifetime of debt-servitude awaits current students if house prices don't come back down. It is about time they realise this. Student fees are peanuts when compared to a mortgage - at current house prices.

BTW, I find amazing that the students didn't realise this yet. They should be on the streets about this.

Makes one proud for having done their bit on here. What a thoroughly, utterly worthwhile cause it is.

I am so proud I must be careful not to trip over myself this morning. :lol:

+ 1

A mainstream mention. :o

Hello Ian and thank you.

The youth of this country and those in their 20s and 30s (I'm the latter) NEED a house price crash. The economy needs it. Society needs it. You cannot repay debt with more debt. House prices need to fall to a level where people can afford to feed and shelter their families without relying on credit cards and massive, MASSIVE, intergenerational mortgages and loans just to meet a basic standard of living (and no I don't mean a "Brighthouse" standard of living).

What the Conservative government of the 1980s-90s and the Labour government of the 1990s-2000s have done to this country and its citizens is an absolute disgrace.

Lower house prices, lower mortgages and lower rents means more disposable income, greater ability to provide, better standards of living, a better country for all and one with far, far fewer social problems.

It makes sense to hope for a house price crash. It makes even more sense to have one.

There was even some 'you don't have to go to university' stuff on the beeb this morning!

Is the message getting through?

BTW, I find amazing that the students didn't realise this yet. They should be on the streets about this.

Oh, I'm sure their parents will let them have the spare room...

"..are proving increasingly popular and are now, perhaps somewhat counter-intuitively you may think, supported by advertising from Barratt Homes."

While Barratt Homes certainly does not want lower prices, we need builders to keep building more houses so that the housing shortage doesnt get worse.

While Barratt Homes certainly does not want lower prices, we need builders to keep building more houses so that the housing shortage doesnt get worse.

What shortage?

Hampton Court

"FTB want prices to crash - no s**t Sherlock! Every first time buyer in history has wanted prices to crash. And quick note on the HPC website - many on there are ext BTL landlords and those who sold to rent in the hope of buying back in cheaply. The site has been going since 2003 and has been consistently wrong in its predictions. "

Hampton Court is the last bull....heehee.

If you follow the telegraph and guardian blogs on HPI regularly, you'll see he is also a self confessed landlord....