House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ralphmalph

Top Place To Buy And Top Places To Rent

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Is-cheaper-buy-rent-house-tele-853205890.html?x=0

I suppose they are trying to point out where is more overpriced than the general overprices stuff.

Thanks to the OP for posting.

This doesn't look very meticulous in its data collection. I've lived in both MK and Northampton, and those prices look like a comparison of top-end of the market renting against low-end market buying.

Edited by Diet Cola Addict

This doesn't look very meticulous in its data collection. I've lived in both MK and Northampton, and those prices look like a comparison of top-end of the market renting against low-end market buying.

+1

Reading - to buy: £184,592, to rent: £1,030, difference: 34%

BS, my rent is £1100 and the place would cost at the very least £100k more than they say.

+1

Reading - to buy: £184,592, to rent: £1,030, difference: 34%

BS, my rent is £1100 and the place would cost at the very least £100k more than they say.

House across the road from me, available to buy at £335K or rent at £995pm

Even the rental price is OTT, nevermind the buying price.

Absolutely, I'm familiar with more than one location on that list and in all cases the rental price is for a top end property and the buying price is low end. In one case the quoted rent would get you a property 'worth' twice the quoted buying price. Just utter made up tripe.

The results are based on comparing renting with the cost of an interest only mortgage at 5%.

Soooooooo.....they're both renting. The question is do you rent it off the bank or off someone else who in turn is probably renting it from the bank?

So youve 2 choices, be financially raped by renting or be financially raped by buying.

IMHO youre better off renting from the bank then a scumlord.

Dont you just love England!

Wrong! Rent from the bank on an IO mortgage and you owe them the purchase price of the house too. Rent from a landlord and you just pay the rent.

Wrong! Rent from the bank on an IO mortgage and you owe them the purchase price of the house too. Rent from a landlord and you just pay the rent.

Still better if houses werent possibly about to crash, besides bankruptcy is an easy option these days.

Still better if houses werent possibly about to crash, besides bankruptcy is an easy option these days.

Congratulations for the dumbest post that I have read so far this year

award-trophies-trophy2.jpg