House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Belfast Boy

Developments Being Started/completed In 2011!

I have noticed 1 development being finished off and 1 other has started (mid-ulster area). They are mostly town houses and apartments. There are several other similar partly completed developments in both towns which I have been keeping an eye on and they don't appear to be shifting at all. Has the Housing association in my area gone mad with social building programs? Is this NAMA/banks building out the sites as they are not worth anything otherwise? If so, who are they going to sell them to, as transaction levels are so low? And who wants to buy into a ghost estate?

Has anyone else noticed similar activity in their area?

Edited by Belfast Boy

Some banks, via insolvency practitioners, are building (already started) stuff out all over the place. As you suggest it's about trying to maxmise value.

Edited by PJ1977

noticed this in co. antrim. site acquired at peak prices. started building last summer. Now almost complete, and teh sites gone quiet. IMO they had no choice.Build or have the loan called in. I would say now they are in bigger trouble as is the lender. More supply. This will happen all over IMO. The north coast also seems rife with new and ongoing developments.

A few half finished and new developments have started building again in my area, but they seem to be taking their time.

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r=1&c=32117&s=124463924&i=12&p=TRLTRL54857

Am I the only one who doesn't see this as an exciting architectural vision more of a hotch -potch flung together eyesore?

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r=1&c=32117&s=124464385&i=13&p=TRLTRL54850

I thought that was a blue tarpaulin thrown over scaffolding but it appears to be a gable wall -- the cameraman doesn't seem to have much idea about angles either.

Doccyboy i totally agree. I drive past this abomination every day and it's as bad in the flesh as in pictures. Green wall here, blue wall there, wooden panelling over there....sticks out like a sore thumb against the surrounding houses.