House Price Crash Forum
Lepista

Halifax Figures Due Out In Next Day Or So.

Last months figure was +0.8%, forex is predicting a juicy -0.6%.

I wish I could share their optimism, My hunch is for a slight fall, say -0.2% - based on nothing more than gut feeling.

Any other predicitions in our monthly HPC guessing tradition? £100 Prizes for the closest guess *

* - Prize may vary from that shown.

Last months figure was +0.8%, forex is predicting a juicy -0.6%.

I wish I could share their optimism, My hunch is for a slight fall, say -0.2% - based on nothing more than gut feeling.

Any other predicitions in our monthly HPC guessing tradition? £100 Prizes for the closest guess *

* - Prize may vary from that shown.

SA up 0.2%

NSA down 0.3%

As it is mix adjusted, I suspect this could start to work in our favour as fewer FTB type properties are sold at reduced prices but these properties keep their weighting in the index.

I suspect the seasonality calculation are going a bit weird at the moment for a number of reasons btu that is a thread in itself...

I predict that the number will be either less than or greater than 0, expressed as a percentage, will contain 1 decimal place and people will allow the figure to set their mood for the rest of the day/week/month.

I predict that the number will be either less than or greater than 0, expressed as a percentage, will contain 1 decimal place and people will allow the figure to set their mood for the rest of the day/week/month.

:D

What will be interesting is if the Halifax join the LR and NW by presenting a figure that is lower than that reported in last's month index, but higher than a new revised figure for last month.

Big homes flying off the shelves here (South west cambridgeshire), well, going sstc anyway. FTB fodder sitting around collecting dust.

I think up overall. It is approvals, afterall, not the LR one which should take ignore all those silly fallen through sales.

my hunch is up 0.5 to 1.0%, but when the LR gets round to that same months sales, that index will be negative by the same amount.

The halifax have much more meaning that the Nationwide these days, they have a much bigger sample size and a better spectrum of buyers.

The market is definitely going down, London and the seasonal adjustment are keeping it +ve at the mo.

However, I think the Haliafx might see a good drop this morning, -1 %.

Well Forex factory have them listed 4th-9th now, so if indeed they do come out next week, maybe they are down and are trying to influence the BOE.

Well Forex factory have them listed 4th-9th now, so if indeed they do come out next week, maybe they are down and are trying to influence the BOE.

Due out 8:00am today....

Ooh, the tension!