House Price Crash Forum
Authoritarian

Selling Physical Silver

I bought 20 1 ounce silver Britannia's from Chards a while back and am thinking about selling them, does anyone know how I might do this without incurring enormous fees (e.g ebay, who are pretty rip-off merchants now imo)

I'm going to give Chards a ring to see if they're interested, but not sure what other sensible options are available.

I bought 20 1 ounce silver Britannia's from Chards a while back and am thinking about selling them, does anyone know how I might do this without incurring enormous fees (e.g ebay, who are pretty rip-off merchants now imo)

I'm going to give Chards a ring to see if they're interested, but not sure what other sensible options are available.

Weighton will buy back at 90% of spot price.

Weighton will buy back at 90% of spot price.

Blimey, that was a quick response! Cheers, not sure who they are but will google them to find out more.

Edited by Chef

You could also sell around here, people will buy at around spot price, hell I'll buy at spot price if the price is right. As I can still buy junk silver £1 below spot price.

You could also sell around here, people will buy at around spot price, hell I'll buy at spot price if the price is right. As I can still buy junk silver £1 below spot price.

Thanks, i'll keep it in mind!

How much do you want for them and where are you located?

^^^^

This

Selling at or below spot would see you out of pocket, even at the current high of £21.30 / oz!

Except that he has to, in that if he bought them for £26 and wants £26 why should anybody buy them from him when they can buy from established shops who are low risk and also sell them at £26?

I.e. you have to provide a reason as to why I should buy off chef rather than from a dealer, the only possible way to convince me to buy is via price. Since I can buy silver for pretty much spot sometimes below there is little reason for me to be even tempted to buy.

Even if you are selling them for say £24 and losing £2 on each one, they are now used coins and again risk attached to the seller selling you duds.

Where can they be purchased for £26?

I've just had a look around and Chards sell the exact same ones for £35 each (with no bulk discount as far as I can tell), ebay between £30-£35, weightons: £31.99 for the 2008 version and Baid & co @ £29 for their generic silver 1 ounce.

I was thinking around £25 each. They're uncirculated & still with the original Chards receipt.

If anyone is interested I'm sure we can sort something out (Canterbury), if not ebay doesn't seem too bad.

I've just had a look around and Chards sell the exact same ones for £35 each (with no bulk discount as far as I can tell), ebay between £30-£35, weightons: £31.99 for the 2008 version and Baid & co @ £29 for their generic silver 1 ounce.

I was thinking around £25 each. They're uncirculated & still with the original Chards receipt.

If anyone is interested I'm sure we can sort something out (Canterbury), if not ebay doesn't seem too bad.

The thing is I'm th wrong person to be selling to, because I don't really care about the coin itself I see it as a lump of silver and thus I go by spot price only and therefore I won't pay large premiums over spot price.

Take a look at this beauty Ken and tell me you see it as a lump of silver :)

(picked one up from Chards 2 weeks ago for £807 inc VAT, cheapest I could find anywhere)

Silver_kookaburra_1kg_reverse_-_JQB.JPG

It's a lump of silver.... heh I have 'coins' myself like 20 balboas 3.8 ozt each, all I care about is the silver content not the numanistic value...

How do i get in touch with you. Can't pm, so what's there to do?

Take a look at this beauty Ken and tell me you see it as a lump of silver :)

(picked one up from Chards 2 weeks ago for £807 inc VAT, cheapest I could find anywhere)

Silver_kookaburra_1kg_reverse_-_JQB.JPG

Chards are now selling them for £915!!!!!!

Sorry to have hijacked your thread Chef, but my Kook is a thing of beauty :wub::wub::wub:

...anyway back on topic...

...are you crazy! You have silver Brits and you want to sell!! Do you realise most dealers are sold out of 'em, with thousands on back order!

Silver is a steal at anything under £3 figures - and you want to sell???

Wazza matter with you - don't like making money? :angry:

Sell them individually on ebay and you should get north of £40 (plus postage) for each of them. Wish I could buy 'em, but I just bought that damn kook...

the 2008 isnt that pretty and if you look through the completed listings then most sold below £30 and dont forget to take off the listing fees and final value fee. Then remember that unless the coin is sent special delivery then it isnt insured so if it goes awol then you suffer the loss. That is unless you charge £5 for special delivery which is a big ask for a single silver coin and will be knocked off the final selling price.

Better to sell privately or find a local coin shop that will buy for a reasonable price.

I can sell you all the kilos of silver that you want at just under £1000 if it really flicks your switch, pm me :D

a guy with 14 feedback, no history of anything to do with gold/silver or selling suddenly pops up with a 3kg piece.......er.......next.

Always scouting ebay for PMs and that one amused me... I want one!...

But not off a 14'er

Sorry to have hijacked your thread Chef, but my Kook is a thing of beauty :wub::wub::wub:

...anyway back on topic...

...are you crazy! You have silver Brits and you want to sell!! Do you realise most dealers are sold out of 'em, with thousands on back order!

Silver is a steal at anything under £3 figures - and you want to sell???

Wazza matter with you - don't like making money? :angry:

Sell them individually on ebay and you should get north of £40 (plus postage) for each of them. Wish I could buy 'em, but I just bought that damn kook...

The ebay prices are all over the place, most of them sell for £30-£35 but the odd one will pop up at £40 or even £50.

I'm not that into coins so I don't know why certain ounces of silver sell for a premium other other ounces of silver, but I'm kinda glad Chards sent me Britannias (I don't think I ordered them, just asked for 20 generic silver coins)

The ebay prices are all over the place, most of them sell for £30-£35 but the odd one will pop up at £40 or even £50.

I'm not that into coins so I don't know why certain ounces of silver sell for a premium other other ounces of silver, but I'm kinda glad Chards sent me Britannias (I don't think I ordered them, just asked for 20 generic silver coins)

I would keep hold of them unless you desperately need the cash. Stick them in a drawer and forget them, you will not regret it in the future imo. And if you never need them, then they will be a treat in retirement or something worthwhile to be passed on. I wouldnt p1ss them away on feebay though unless you really need to.

Hi I accepted your friend request but it didn't seem to have worked.

Some of these HPC settings are a bit funny. :(

Hi, have you got an email or other way to contact you?

noobs cant do mail

Ok Chief so that's my email (please contact me, will remove soon or once you post that you have mailed me, -- - to avoid spam)

valentinmocba at yahoo dot com

Edited by dempsy

Ok Chief so that's my email (please contact me, will remove soon or once you post that you have mailed me, -- - to avoid spam)

valentinmocba at yahoo dot com

ok, I've noted you email. Thanks.