House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bydganwil

Roll Over...............

Hi there,

I'm a long time (2004) lurker who has just had an offer accepted.

We have been renting the property for the last 3 years and it is the first property we have not wanted to leave. It is currently, easily, large enough for our family of 4 with massive potential. It is a bungalow with a huge untouched loft space and a wide south west facing 120ft plot.

The current owner bought the property in Feb 2003 (£305000.00) and subsequently had a conservatory (£10,000.00) added together with other works of an estimated £5,000.00-10,000.00 (driveway, garden, gates and bathroom).

The offer we have had accepted is£335000.00. Even without spending money on the property he has made just over 1.2% per year.

We have been renting together for 11 years now and in that time have never stayed in a house longer than 18 months. I do not feel that the time has been wasted. Touch wood, we will be able to now decorate the house in our own style and live in it for the rest of our lives.

I never imagined for a moment as a young family we would end up buying a bungalow but through renting that is what is about to happen!!

Fingers crossed the mortgage will go through.............

Regards

Rob

Hi there,

I'm a long time (2004) lurker who has just had an offer accepted.

We have been renting the property for the last 3 years and it is the first property we have not wanted to leave. It is currently, easily, large enough for our family of 4 with massive potential. It is a bungalow with a huge untouched loft space and a wide south west facing 120ft plot.

The current owner bought the property in Feb 2003 (£305000.00) and subsequently had a conservatory (£10,000.00) added together with other works of an estimated £5,000.00-10,000.00 (driveway, garden, gates and bathroom).

The offer we have had accepted is£335000.00. Even without spending money on the property he has made just over 1.2% per year.

We have been renting together for 11 years now and in that time have never stayed in a house longer than 18 months. I do not feel that the time has been wasted. Touch wood, we will be able to now decorate the house in our own style and live in it for the rest of our lives.

I never imagined for a moment as a young family we would end up buying a bungalow but through renting that is what is about to happen!!

Fingers crossed the mortgage will go through.............

Regards

Rob

Congratulations! It's great to read about members of this forum getting the houses they want at prices they can afford.