House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Warwick-Watcher

Buyers V Sellers

Have been watching the market for a while now since STR in 2004.

One question I keep coming back to is NAEA claims each estate agent has an average of 366 buyers and 77 properties for sale. If there are 5 buyers on average for each property why aren't house prices rising even further than they have?

My view is that the 366 buyers includes people like me who registered a year ago on a website and are still being counted as looking. Also if you sign up as a potential buyer with 5 agents then that means you are counted 5 times !

What would be more useful (if it were possible) would be "active buyers".

Have been watching the market for a while now since STR in 2004.

One question I keep coming back to is NAEA claims each estate agent has an average of 366 buyers and 77 properties for sale. If there are 5 buyers on average for each property why aren't house prices rising even further than they have?

My view is that the 366 buyers includes people like me who registered a year ago on a website and are still being counted as looking. Also if you sign up as a potential buyer with 5 agents then that means you are counted 5 times !

What would be more useful (if it were possible) would be "active buyers".

Smacks of desperate measures by the EA's.

I have tried on several occasions to remove myself from the mailing lists of 2 of the largest local agents and despite repeated phone calls that I am no longer interested in receiving details of their ridiculously overpriced boxes - guess what?

Yup, they continue to mail.

I have emailed, written and telephoned....I am still on their mailing list as someone actively looking for property, despite the fact that we have been happily renting for 19 months and have not viewed anything with any agent for well over a year.

THEY ARE DESPERATE! :):)

This is probably because buyers register with multiple estate agents, while sellers register with only one or two.

Each buyer registering with 5 agents? Sounds plausible.

Although I agree with you that many are probably inactive as well.