House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wherebee

Australian Media Coverage On The Hpi/hpc

Reading the comments, it looks like Sibley is down under and posting as "Simon"

And look at this class argument - in Australia FFS!

Otherwise, population around the world is growing, land is getting scarce.

Someone ought to tell him that:

Australia's land mass is approximately 7,692,030 kmĀ², 32 times larger than the United Kingdom.

The population is not widely distributed with approximately 85% of Australians occupying only 1% of the continent.

Interesting article here.....especially the comments

Look like the same sort of sentiment we saw in the UK growing from 2005 onwards. Wonder what the future holds down under...

I would guess "bad things" sometime in the middle of 2012, but don't tell Bardon.

In my current gig, I happen to be sitting in the bank of desks next to a large financial institution's Chief Economist's team. It makes for interesting eavesdropping when they are discussing "theoretical" models that would incur bank failures in Australia. Shockingly fragile.

I will be going short on some Australian banks in the medium term the moment China's hankie has a few splashes of snot.

Edited by Paddles

And look at this class argument - in Australia FFS!

Someone ought to tell him that:

Interesting that you post two completely contradictory quotes. Which was it you wanted us to take note of?

I would guess "bad things" sometime in the middle of 2012, but don't tell Bardon.

In my current gig, I happen to be sitting in the bank of desks next to a large financial institution's Chief Economist's team. It makes for interesting eavesdropping when they are discussing "theoretical" models that would incur bank failures in Australia. Shockingly fragile.

I will be going short on some Australian banks in the medium term the moment China's hankie has a few splashes of snot.

If only you'd shorted CBA at the start of the "demons" thread, eh?

An ex school friend of mine is CEO of a second tier Australian banks and I've knocked around with a few senior economists in my time... I have to say it's money for jam.