House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Nationwide Feb Figures Tomorrow

Forex is predicting -0.2% for Nationwide and -0.6% for Halifax (which may also be out tomorrow).

Have they ever been out on the same day?

Some great opportunities for media spin. Halifax says down 1.2%, Nationwide down 1.1%. Which is true? We can't say. It just shows how the indices are meaningless any way, it's different in each region etc etc.

Is it that time of the month again. My life is passing so quickly waiting for this crash :blink:

Yes, we need to start a steady acceleration towards crash cruise speed, it's starting to get boring now.

Liked the BBC's take on the YoY figures going -ve, wouldn't have seen that a few months ago, would have been all over the +0.2 MoM.

Is that the faint smell of fear on the horizon.........

Have they ever been out on the same day?

Some great opportunities for media spin. Halifax says down 1.2%, Nationwide down 1.1%. Which is true? We can't say. It just shows how the indices are meaningless any way, it's different in each region etc etc.

Don't Forex remove the sliding dates when it's confirmed for both indexes.

Don't Forex remove the sliding dates when it's confirmed for both indexes.

Yeah nationwide is confirmed for tomorrow but I doubt Halifax will be out so early. It will change either to a 8am or move back a day later this evening.

If it's positive this month I'm going straight out to get NR 90% mortgage, asset striping the house, defaulting on the mortgage and then leaving the country.

"asset striping the house" - selling all the copper pipes, lead flashing, roof tiles, cut up the turn and sell to someone who has bought a new build with no lawn. flog the doors on ebay. Could knock down the walls and sell the bricks as 2nd hand ones ( you pay more for them it seems ). Sell the plants from the garden at a car boot. The windows...doubt you'd get much for them. The hob/gas hood, theres another 100 quid......

I might even turn a profit.

This could be the new way to make cash from your house...reverse flipping. ;)

£1367 :D

The next time it hits that it will be the dreaded quintuple top. The stochastic crowd said that no break out has ever occured after a quintuple top (based on the wave formula and reversion points which $1367 happend to be--my guess was right on!). I would sell and take your profits as 98% lose by holding out for that last 1% and miss the top by a mile. Don't forget that the peak in 1980 is $2345.83 in today's prices.

Biggest political turmoil in 50 years and inflation fears everywhere and what has it done? Take that as your sell signal. :o:o:o

My guess? 0.7% fall.

Not that it means a fish's t!t around here where silly season appears to be in full swing.

Asking prices exceeding 2008 peak...all it takes is one vendor to sell and the rest hold firm expecting the same.

With no pressure to sell, they're sitting pretty.

The next time it hits that it will be the dreaded quintuple top. The stochastic crowd said that no break out has ever occured after a quintuple top (based on the wave formula and reversion points which $1367 happend to be--my guess was right on!). I would sell and take your profits as 98% lose by holding out for that last 1% and miss the top by a mile. Don't forget that the peak in 1980 is $2345.83 in today's prices.

Biggest political turmoil in 50 years and inflation fears everywhere and what has it done? Take that as your sell signal. :o:o:o

I'll take your buy signal as my sell signal - no offence intended :)

Gold and silver were under pressure before the middle east stuff started and I suspect they'd have gone a bit lower without it ($1250 gold and $24 silver maybe). But this would just have been a healthly correction in a bull market that has many years to run IMHO.

Do you really think that the worst of the financial crisis is over RB? Or that the current political turmoil is as bad as it's gonna get?

My guess is that you've seen nothing yet. I think your soon to be homeowner status is clouding your judgement!

Edited by Constable