House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kenzdawg

Espc Counter

What's the story with the dramatic fall off in the number of properties counted for sale or let on the ESPC home page? It was 7,000+ a week ago now it's under 4,000. Has the supply suddenly constricted or did they just fudge the figures?

What's the story with the dramatic fall off in the number of properties counted for sale or let on the ESPC home page? It was 7,000+ a week ago now it's under 4,000. Has the supply suddenly constricted or did they just fudge the figures?

Perhaps they withdrew their services from clients who refused to lower their prices...

Perhaps they withdrew their services from clients who refused to lower their prices...

Touché! And I suppose it could be a software glitch, but it would be astonishing if volumes were falling going into the spring market.

I am sure Dave will be along shortly to let us know.

Noticed it myself. Probably just not counting certain things that they did before. Opposite has happened before.

I am sure Dave will be along shortly to let us know.

Noticed it myself. Probably just not counting certain things that they did before. Opposite has happened before.

FWIW my search area gives 80 properties. Peak last year was around 120 so well below that. There has been no spring surge of property onto the market whatsoever (yet) with numbers similar to those at Christmas. I guess March/April is when numbers should increase.

FWIW my search area gives 80 properties. Peak last year was around 120 so well below that. There has been no spring surge of property onto the market whatsoever (yet) with numbers similar to those at Christmas. I guess March/April is when numbers should increase.

Aye Gorgie is about 50 which is down from about 70-80 IIRC. Not any lower than it was 2 months ago though.

Maybe people have realised that the much talked about Spring Bounce is not gonna happen ? 4 years is long enough to get the hint !!

Aye Gorgie is about 50 which is down from about 70-80 IIRC. Not any lower than it was 2 months ago though.

Maybe people have realised that the much talked about Spring Bounce is not gonna happen ? 4 years is long enough to get the hint !!

Even when the market is bad a spring bounce often occurs. There was certainly one last year, and one in 2008. It didn't happen in 2009 though.

Even taking Glasgow listings of approx 1200 into account doesn't make up the difference.

In their prime territory around Edinburgh, I tally;

including

Edinburgh 2368

East Lothian 432

Midlothian 369

West Lothian 120

Fife 361

Borders 111

Even when the market is bad a spring bounce often occurs. There was certainly one last year, and one in 2008. It didn't happen in 2009 though.

Yeah but I think some people expect a pre 2007 style of bounce to happen.

In the years above there has been a bounce: From horrific sales figures > slightly less horrific sales figures

Although to be honest I reckon even the most bullish of bulls is starting see the light. Talked to one a few weeks back. Had a few meaty debates in 2007/08 about this subject. Think he can see what has to happen as much as anyone else now.

Real or nominal falls is about the only question left. Even for most bulls.

In which case they are no longer bulls!!

Ok then- 'Post-bulls' :D

We no longer include the properties that we receive from GSPC in the total that is displayed on the homepage. This is the reason for the figure being far lower.

We no longer include the properties that we receive from GSPC in the total that is displayed on the homepage. This is the reason for the figure being far lower.

Why were they included in the first place? None of them were being marketed by ESPC member firms, were they?