House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tonytramcar

Baby Boomers - The Alternative View

After all the anti-boomerism on this forum here is a breath of fresh air !

http://www.annaraccoon.com/

It'd be nice if the guy understood deficit financing, cos all the things he says they paid for, they actually didn't.

They put loads on tick and then forgot to die before the bill arrived, unlike previous generations.

It'd be nice if the guy understood deficit financing, cos all the things he says they paid for, they actually didn't.

They put loads on tick and then forgot to die before the bill arrived, unlike previous generations.

...you have changed since you have come back.....where did you go that makes you so bitter and resentful towards your fellow man? ;)

...you have changed since you have come back.....where did you go that makes you so bitter and resentful towards your fellow man? ;)

:lol:

Alright the phrasing might have been a bit abrupt, but it's pretty bang on as far as the concepts go. :)

No bitterness, no resentment, just facts.

Alright the phrasing might have been a bit abrupt, but it's pretty bang on as far as the concepts go. :)

Yep, that's the way I read it.

The health service and pensions scheme was designed for people to live about 5 years on average, maximum 10, after retirement. IIRC 25 years back when I worked for the Civil Service, people were collecting their much-vaunted public sector pensions for about 4 years on average. Now, however, I think it's a lot more.

1 person living 25 years after retirement makes no difference, millions of people doing so bankrupts the system.

Something has to give - it's usually the young and unborn, as governments don't mind upsetting them.

Anyone who thinks they can categorise a whole generation is either stupid or insane.

I assumed it to be ironic.

Anyone who thinks they can categorise a whole generation is either stupid or insane.

best leave a comment with the blogger then, yes?

I'm sorry to have to say it but you are certifiable.

I#'ll take a professorship, or possibly a religious appelation if you have one.

Still, the principle stands. If labeling a group is insane, you'd best leave a comment with the OP blogger, as that's what he's done.

I can understand certain bitterness. If you were found under a gooseberry bush never knowing who your parents were would leave me bitter in those circumstances. :rolleyes:

So we are agreed then!

Collectively, on average the boomers voted themselves a lot of crap that they enjoyed (including pensions that they are about to "lose") and never paid for any of it hardly, the chicens are home to roost, and injin is practially immune to ad hominems.

You'd think after the last several hundred bounced right off my thick skull you'd not bother, but hey! It worked when mum and dad did it to you as a kid and you are natures greatest miracle so it'd have to work on me, right?

I dunno Bruce.. what do you reckon about the youth of today...?

;)

More seriously though, Injin is right to a certain degree. It is not necessarily indicative that boomers are selfish or malicious.. they have simply had the good fortune to grow up through a period of growth and economic privilege which is currently in the process of coming to an end.

I don't see it so much that the boomers are pulling the drawbridge up, more that the gravy train has reached the final destination.

If I was a boomer I would be concerned to be honest.

Once the younger generations take the political reigns they may well be looking hungrily at any wealth accumulated during the period that Goldilocks spent eating the porridge..

the chicens are home to roost, and injin is practially immune to ad hominems.

You'd think after the last several hundred bounced right off my thick skull you'd not bother, but hey! It worked when mum and dad did it to you as a kid and you are natures greatest miracle so it'd have to work on me, right?

Not me.

The chickens came home to roost with me but were had by the urban fox wandering my road before they reached the door. ;)

Please update your blog. :D

Not me.

The chickens came home to roost with me but were had by the urban fox wandering my road before they reached the door. ;)

Please update your blog. :D

Alright, i'll have a look and see if theres anything to add. :)

(injin also knows theres no right way to spell and grammar is just random abuse scarring, so this won't work either.)

Still, i'm glad you agree about the boomers.

I dunno Bruce.. what do you reckon about the youth of today...?

;)

In general, they're a lot more responsible than we were. The old saying "if you can remember the 60s you weren't there" is not without foundation :D.

Dundee ?

If I was a boomer I would be concerned to be honest.

Once the younger generations take the political reigns they may well be looking hungrily at any wealth accumulated during the period that Goldilocks spent eating the porridge..

Yep!!!

Its going to be fun isn't it!!!

Spiney.