House Price Crash Forum
Kilham

Just For Fun - Guess The Price

Following on from the collapse in commercial property lending thread I thought it might be worth sharing this one I've been watching for a while and see what the perceptions of commercial property values are in different parts of the UK.

It's in Scotland, needs quite a bit of work and is up for sale after being closed by the local co-op due to lack of business.

http://www.sva-auctions.co.uk/html/Lots/February2011/lot25_details.html

5,000 square feet of sandstone and brick built retail space, small garden athe back, part of it was previously a house and there probably wouldn't be much difficulty in converting part of it to residential.

It failed to reach reserve last week.

Without cheating and doing a search, make a guess how much it is currently (or was as of Friday anyway) available for.

Following on from the collapse in commercial property lending thread I thought it might be worth sharing this one I've been watching for a while and see what the perceptions of commercial property values are in different parts of the UK.

It's in Scotland, needs quite a bit of work and is up for sale after being closed by the local co-op due to lack of business.

http://www.sva-auctions.co.uk/html/Lots/February2011/lot25_details.html

5,000 square feet of sandstone and brick built retail space, small garden athe back, part of it was previously a house and there probably wouldn't be much difficulty in converting part of it to residential.

It failed to reach reserve last week.

Without cheating and doing a search, make a guess how much it is currently (or was as of Friday anyway) available for.

Just to get the ball rolling, I'll say £155,000.

It's just as well the agent parked his car in shot - otherwise the place would look like ghost town.

;)

Impossible to value really, as residential I've say unsellable, as retail it depends on passing footfall and the like. I mean if there's a bluechip global HQ 50 yards down the road it would make an OK bistro.

Good Lord! - if anyone says there's a shortage of property in Britain have them go down that street in Google Streetview - so many empty properties.

I'd say £5k for the property.

Auction details say rateable value of £8500 per annum - council are having a laugh! - great way to encourage businesses to move in. :angry:

Good Lord! - if anyone says there's a shortage of property in Britain have them go down that street in Google Streetview - so many empty properties.

I'd say £5k for the property.

Auction details say rateable value of £8500 per annum - council are having a laugh! - great way to encourage businesses to move in. :angry:

In Scotland the small business rates relief is 100% up to £10,000 so at £8500 it's free.

You're the closest up to now.

Edited to add - that streetview will be about 2 years old - and they're all still empty now.

Edited by Kilham

Unsold at £20k, the building halfway down the road next to the garage sold for £7500 in November and the one opposite the garage at the other end went for £20,000 last week.

New Cumnock is a dreadful place

I'd say £25k

I'm curious now - what do you know of the place?. Going by those nobody wants to live there at any price.

Unsold at £20k, the building halfway down the road next to the garage sold for £7500 in November and the one opposite the garage at the other end went for £20,000 last week.

I'm curious now - what do you know of the place?. Going by those nobody wants to live there at any price.

Looks pretty effing bleak...

Meanwhile, just up the road....

What a depressing place, no wonder no-one wants to live there. i wouldn't if you paid me.

Yep, the whole place is boarded up and looks like a fly tip. In answer to the OPs question, I wouldn't pay anything for it, and even if given it for free, it still probably wouldn't be worth doing anything with.

just youtube a few vids and you'll get the jist

If you werent born and inbred there you wont survive long